Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Anyone have the scoop on ESPN760 "Big Announcement"?

Saw this on Evan Choens twitter feed.

Evan Cohen@EvCoRadio
@ESPN760 fans, huge announcement at 4! U won't want to miss it!

Me personaly I hope they are moving to FM so I can hear the damn thing at night. :)

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Anyone have the scoop on ESPN760 "Big Announcement"?

Back to the top

Anyone have the scoop on ESPN760 "Big Announcement"?

Wow,

I was just kidding but that a huge deal. I like the coverage that 760 does but half the time I couldnt hear the damn thing.

I do know the 790 "The Ticket" picked up a FM station (104.3) and its much easier to hear.

Good news!

Back to the top

"Craig Karmazin’s Good Karma Broadcasting will begin operating what was Urban AC “B106.3” WUUB Jupiter and flip it to a simulcast of its “ESPN 760” WEFL Tequesta"

So does this mean 106.3 FM will now be 106.3 ESPN Radio all the time? When is this move supposed to happen? Meaning when can I turn my radio on to 106.3 and listen to ESPN Radio?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Details probably at 4PM.

I know that 790 is exactly that. The FM station is a mirror of the AM station.

Back to the top

Bottom line in this one is FAU WINS:

The new FM signal on 106.3 will be at 100% from Commercial Blvd all the way up to Vero Beach.

Now, there could still be the  some occasional "patchy" behavior in spots as that is a characteristic of FM in general at times…but this is a huge get for Owl Fans in the south country area!

On a side note:

ESPN760.com is no longer the station's URL, retired, the new one is ESPNWestPalm.com
Back to the top

Rick said

Now, there could still be the  some occasional "patchy" behavior in spots as that is a characteristic of FM in general at times…but this is a huge get for Owl Fans in the south country area!

Yeah, I listened this morning on my way down to Ft. Lauderdale. Its pretty clear until about Commercial, and after that you lose it and it gets static.

Does the station "lose" signal strength at night like AM?

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Rick said

Yeah, I listened this morning on my way down to Ft. Lauderdale. Its pretty clear until about Commercial, and after that you lose it and it gets static.

You shouldn't lose signal strength at night with FM, AM loss of signal is due to the wavelength of the signal and the FCC making stations turn down power of the signal. This is because the longer wavelength of AM can travel longer distances at night due to atmospheric conditions and can interrupt with other stations using the same frequency, So the FCC makes AM stations turn down the signal to alleviate the signal crossing.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Rick said

No, not at all…….

Another BIG plus.
Back to the top

Great news now we can actually hear the coverage when on glades road ;) this was much needed
Back to the top
Control functions: