Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012-13 Sun Belt Men's Basketball Week Sixteen

2/28/2013
* WKU 79, South Alabama 73 (HSSN/ESPN3)
* North Texas 74, Arkansas State 50
* FIU 67, Louisiana-Monroe 58
* UALR 77, Louisiana-Lafayette 68
* Middle Tennessee 66, Troy 56

3/2/2013
* Louisiana-Lafayette 71, Louisiana-Monroe 63
* Middle Tennessee 70, WKU 62 (Sun Belt Network)
* Florida Atlantic 77, FIU 60
* UALR 78, Arkansas State 71
* South Alabama 53, Troy 49

* Sun Belt Contest
Back to the top

Re: 2012-13 Sun Belt Men's Basketball Week Sixteen

Teams to root for tonight:

- South Alabama

- Louisiana-Lafayette

The Owls need both to win in order to remain alive for a 1st day bye in the 2013 SBC Tournament.
Back to the top

2012-13 Sun Belt Men's Basketball Week Sixteen

Unfortunate FINALS:

USA 73  WKU 79

ULL 68  UALR 77

Owls will play on day one…

Just a matter of where at this point.
Back to the top

Rick said

Owls will play on day one…

Just a matter of where at this point.

Yeah, I… yeah.

You know, I'd like to get really excited about the possibility that FAU will go on a tear, win all their games in the tournament and lead us into the glory of post-season play.

But… come on. Jarvis cannot win the SBC tournament and this team is still "figuring out how to win" all the way here in March. We don't have a team this year. We just don't. We have two guys that can score and we have like two guys who occasionally play good defense.

That doesn't mean we can't beat FIU this weekend but it does mean that if we do, that's going to be the highlight of the season. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

I dunno. Maybe I'm too tired right now to feign optimism that we could get to the Sweet Sixteen this year.
Back to the top

I have to agree with you Doc.  In past years with stronger teams we couldn't make any headway in the tourney so I don't see it happening this year but I would love to be surprised.

I would really love to see Jarvis do something, I don't know maybe do some coaching the entire game.  If he is willing to do that and we can make some free throws and win the boards maybe we have a shot at something.

Hey Dragon…how about getting fired up for this game on Saturday??

I am looking at Saturday's game as the "Big" game of the year.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Sun Belt Conference Men's Basketball Player of the Week – As selected by the Sun Belt member institutions

Stefan Moody (Florida Atlantic, Fr., G)

Stefan Moody had arguably his best of the season in Saturday’s home finale against FIU. He scored a career high 28 points and seven rebounds in a 77-60 win over rival FIU. The win helped secure the no. 7 seed for the Owls at the upcoming Sun Belt conference tournament. For the year, the Parade All-American is second on the team in both scoring (15.2 points per game) and rebounding (4.3 per game).
Back to the top
Control functions: