Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GEO Group to pay for Greek Housing?

Add topic

Heard this rumor from a former Greek last night… apparently they've expressed interest in doing so. Can anybody confirm that rumor?

I assume that was before the stadium ordeal and I imagine, if this was true, FAU would probably not accept the donation from them now.
Back to the top

Re: GEO Group to pay for Greek Housing?

Would there be bars on the windows? ;D

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

I've heard nothing about this, I'll find out come the next Greek housing committee meeting.
Back to the top

HootinHollerin said

I've heard nothing about this, I'll find out come the next Greek housing committee meeting.

Thanks!
Back to the top

Last update I'd heard about housing was that we were teed up and ready to start signing organizations up and something put an abrupt stop to it…meeting was cancelled, no update since.

That was university built Greek housing similar to auburn IIRC.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Last update I'd heard about housing was that we were teed up and ready to start signing organizations up and something put an abrupt stop to it…meeting was cancelled, no update since.

That was university built Greek housing similar to auburn IIRC.

No one signed on for threereasons:

- no one wants that kind of housing
- not enough organizations could get both the numbers (in terms of members) necessary & appropriate funding.
- FAU wants to keep the land/house if an organization is kicked off campus, but wants the organization to pay for the initial cost. (Ridiculous request)

But for more information on Greek Housing, please refer to HootinHollerin

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

GEO Group to pay for Greek Housing?

Hey, that's me!

I went to the office yesterday and they haven't heard anything about that. So just a lame rumor. I'm sure it will come up at IFC today, as the rumor has spread like wildfire.

By the way, it's 12:06 and FIU still sucks
Back to the top

HootinHollerin said

By the way, it's 12:06 and FIU still sucks

:D
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

we were teed up and ready to start signing organizations up and something put an abrupt stop to it…meeting was cancelled, no update since.

That's strange. Wonder what that was all about.

NJOWL said

No one signed on for three reasons:

- no one wants that kind of housing

I've heard this from time to time but I'm hesitant to believe it. Why wouldn't the Greeks want Housing?

NJOWL said

- not enough organizations could get both the numbers (in terms of members) necessary & appropriate funding.

This I have heard and thought this was the main obstacle on their side.

NJOWL said

- FAU wants to keep the land/house if an organization is kicked off campus, but wants the organization to pay for the initial cost. (Ridiculous request)

Well, UCF did have an issue with this (and I'm sure they're not the only one) so FAU is trying to be careful.

I understand the Greek organizations not wanting to lose out on their multimillion dollar investment but couldn't it just be written into the contract that should the organization be forced to vacate the premises, FAU will pay them the cost of the house to take it over?

HootinHollerin said

I went to the office yesterday and they haven't heard anything about that. So just a lame rumor. I'm sure it will come up at IFC today, as the rumor has spread like wildfire.

Thanks for looking into it HH. Let us know what happens at IFC.
Back to the top
Control functions: