Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MORE great pub for FAU!

Add topic

Check out this story and post what you think;

Florida Atlantic Univ. student claims he was suspended for not stomping on Jesus [VIDEO] - Yahoo! News

Personally, I agree with the student and to be suspended from a class (is that even possible if true) for standing up for your religious beliefs, well than I would have never graduated from FAU!

Thank God they were not instucted to do this this to Mohammed's name because there would be SUCH A VILE UPROAR over desecrating a Muslim religous figure!
Back to the top

Re: MORE great pub for FAU!

Good for the kid…he came off as level headed and rational. 
Back to the top

While I support the guy's right to do what he wants, at least believe in Jesus before you have an issue with stomping on a "picture" of him…….

Mormons do not.
Back to the top

Rick said

While I support the guy's right to do what he wants, at least believe in Jesus before you have an issue with stomping on a "picture" of him…….

Mormons do not.

They claim that they do.

What do Mormons believe about Jesus Christ? Do Mormons believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God? | Mormon.org
Back to the top

MORE great pub for FAU!

Rick said

Mormons to not.

Rick - I am not an expert on Mormons but I do believe that they believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

I find it disgusting that a teacher believes it is ok to stomp an any faith's religious symbol but I can GUARANTEE you he would not have the guts to do it to Mohammad.  He is a coward and I would love the opportunity to have a discussion with him.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Rick said

Mormons do not.

Rick, actually they do;

http://mormon.org/jesus-christ

I do not know much about what makes Mormans different from other Christian denominations (like Catholic is different to me also.) But they do beleive in Christ as their savior.
Back to the top

I really don't care to drag this out guys, otherwise walty12 will be in here soon throwing rocks at me!

;D

But, here is the deal:

They believe that Jesus was God's literal son, and that they were two separate "people" who lived on the earth.

And that both "men" died.

Don't take a snap shot of a PR Page and leave that as your conclusive position on differing faiths.

Key difference: Christianity concludes Christ is one with the trinity - not a man - and actually believes in the trinity.

So, back to my original point:

Might as well get to stomping kid…….
Back to the top

Good news for anyone with questions: The Book of Mormon has hit the road, left Broadway and will be starting its national tour this summer…Broward Center for the Perfoming Arts in November I believe.

so if you'd like to learn about the faith through the eyes of Trey Parker and Matt Stone get yourself a ticket now!
Back to the top

I don't believe in Jesus, but I don't have an issue writing Tim Tebow's name on a piece of paper and stomping on it

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Something doesn't smell right here. I'm not doubting it happened but I feel like there's a piece missing from this story.

For instance, the textbook they quoted should explain the purpose of the exercise. It should not be hard for anyone, let alone a news outlet, to get a hold of that textbook and show what it says.

To not do that is just lazy journalism.
Back to the top
Control functions: