Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU Unveils New Court Designs

Add topic

IMO the new court designs by FIU are ugly. They could have done a better design.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Courtesy FIUSports.com

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Courtesy FIUSports.com

Article
Back to the top

Re: FIU Unveils New Court Designs

Um, how close is the campus to the beach??

We should nab that quickly, love the idea!
Back to the top

FIU Unveils New Court Designs

They're about 30 mins from the beach, according to GoogleMaps. So they're not close to the beach.

The second design is the better of the two but it's way too busy.

This whole trend of turning your basketball court into a postcard is gimmicky and needs to die.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

This whole trend of turning your basketball court into a postcard is gimmicky and needs to die.

Maybe not the entire court, but we should play off the locale in some way…

Obviously it is a great recruiting data point with football…why not use it in some way to customize the hoops facility everyone likes to label as a "gym"?
Back to the top

Rick said

Obviously it is a great recruiting data point with football…why not use it in some way to customize the hoops facility everyone likes to label as a "gym"?

Well, IMO, it's different in football because we themed pretty much everything but the field. Having the peripheral structures be impressive in some way is expected, especially when you don't have the cash to just make them humongous.

Regarding the Burrow, I understand where you're coming from but I'm going to stand firm on my earlier comment. I don't think they should do it and I don't think we should do it.
Back to the top

I think the court itself should have a basic design but outside the boundries I wouldn't be opposed to some creativity
Back to the top

owlmart said

I think the court itself should have a basic design but outside the boundaries I wouldn't be opposed to some creativity

Agreed. This I would be okay with.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

owlmart said

I think the court itself should have a basic design but outside the boundaries I wouldn't be opposed to some creativity

Agreed. This I would be okay with.

Same here…Most of these new courts are just way too damn dramatic
Back to the top

Here's the final design:

I happen to like it. And those who are saying FIU is "not close" to the Beach. Yeah sure, Google Maps tells you 26 minutes, but if you've ever driven in Miami, you know no one follows the speed limit and it's more like 15 minutes. Despite not being on the actual beach, we're still the public University in Miami - so yeah, beach is appropriate.
Back to the top

Looks like we got scooped on the beach theme from our friends down south.

I like the idea of Palm Tree's since they are so prevelant. Maybe running down the side courts or flanking the Owl in the middle?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: