Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Can anyone confirm these reports?

Re: Can anyone confirm these reports?

Yeah I'm perplexed as to what the big deal is as well
Back to the top

Although not as big as Jesus Stomp, or Owlcatraz, look for this to break the national landscape in some fashion…

At least we will have a "positive" story in the news for a change!

;D
Back to the top

I don't have an issue with it. I don't know Heather personally but I know who she is just from being at all the FAU sporting events and seeing her there and I think she's going to do a great job!

A friend of mine who is an FAU grad texted me and said wow! what a joke! Naturally I had to respond and tell him I don't think it's a joke at all and I think she's going to do a good job. His response was what does she know about football or operations? If it's such a good idea how come no other school has ever had a woman run their football operations. She's not coaching the team so I don't see what her gender has to do with anything.

So people complain when we copy what other schools do. But, when we go out on a limb and do something, that as far as I know, no other school has done then it's "well how come no one else does it?"

I don't give a hoot what the other schools do. Like my mom used to say if everyone else was jumping off of a bridge does that mean you have to do it too? My point is, for once we're being innovative and I don't think it's as bad of a hire as some people are making it out to be. I'm also willing to bet if she does a great job other schools will actually look into copying what we did

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Can someone tell me the actual duties of this position are?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

FWIW: Heather was at practice today handing out guest passes to recruits.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Can someone tell me the actual duties of this position are?

TeamBeer said

A director of football ops is in charge of booking travel, coordinating recruits visits (flights, hotels, food and chaperones) and probably some compliance stuff, like making sure transcripts are in, etc. At a school of our size (and knowing what assisant coach Tim Kaine makes) I'd guess this position pays about $45k per year.

Does that help?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Guys….its the office of the football team.  It's not rocket science.  She isn't designing plays, or coaching up the linebackers.  She's running the behind the scenes operations of the football team.  NON-ISSUE!

She's a college educated woman from a good school (South Carolina if I remember correctly)…she can handle the job.  We don't have Angelos filling position anymore, do you think Chun or Pelini are going to put her in a position that she can't handle?  If you have a problem with Chun or Pelini, then I understand why you don't like the hire.  But if you are still giving the benefit of the doubt that what Chun and Pelini are doing is good for the program then I think everything will be ok.
Back to the top

My issue here is certainly with Pelini/Chun, not Heather. Sorry if I came across otherwise. We let go a guy under false pretenses who had helped build the program from 2001 (and did way more than most football ops folks do, I can assure you) and replaced him with the cheerleading coach. Sure, she might have the smarts, and only time will tell if she has what it takes to handle the position, but to blatantly lie to a long-term employee tells me what I need to know about Pelini. Clean house when you get to a new job, no problem, but don't BS people around who helped get this program to where it is today.

I just hope this isn't Petrino Part Deux, but I can't believe Pelini would be that stupid.
Back to the top

GhostOfBuchanan said

My issue here is certainly with Pelini/Chun, not Heather. Sorry if I came across otherwise. We let go a guy under false pretenses who had helped build the program from 2001 (and did way more than most football ops folks do, I can assure you) and replaced him with the cheerleading coach. Sure, she might have the smarts, and only time will tell if she has what it takes to handle the position, but to blatantly lie to a long-term employee tells me what I need to know about Pelini. Clean house when you get to a new job, no problem, but don't BS people around who helped get this program to where it is today.

I just hope this isn't Petrino Part Deux, but I can't believe Pelini would be that stupid.

I can understand your point.  I don't know the details that you are speaking of.  But I do know that when there is a change in the business world, past promises or effort usually doesn't matter to a new regime.  If you were taking over an organization, would you want to stay with a team that may not be compatible to your plan even though they were good contributors in the past?

As for Petrino Part Deux….Heather is married as far as I know (name is hyphenated)…so to make a comment to that effect is disparaging to her, maybe more so than to Pelini.
Back to the top

Can anyone confirm these reports?

GhostOfBuchanan said

Okay I get the complaint now
Back to the top
Control functions: