Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

So Jarvis isnt getting fired?

Add topic

Or what?
Back to the top

Re: So Jarvis isnt getting fired?

So Jarvis isnt getting fired?

He just signed a new deal last year, two years left on the contract, not very likely
Back to the top

Remember when we were all up in arms and writing letters to MJS about his contract extension...

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

You only replace someone when you can hire someone better.  Who do you think we could hire right now that would do a better job than Jarvis considering we'd have to pay him and the new head coach?  The past two seasons have been disappointing, no doubt, but that doesn't mean he is not a good coach.  Give him another year.  If there is no signs of improvement, then we can start looking for a replacement. 
Back to the top

walty12 said

Remember when we were all up in arms and writing letters to MJS about his contract extension…

Someone wrote a letter to MJS?
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

You only replace someone when you can hire someone better.  Who do you think we could hire right now that would do a better job than Jarvis considering we'd have to pay him and the new head coach?  The past two seasons have been disappointing, no doubt, but that doesn't mean he is not a good coach.  Give him another year.  If there is no signs of improvement, then we can start looking for a replacement.

+1, I agree…this coming year is critical for him.  BUT, the financial situation still will be the same.  We will owe a bunch of money to C-USA still and pay him out if a change is deemed necessary and hire a NEW coach.  I see Jarvis playing out his contract whether he does good or not.  I hope he turns it around next season.

For those of you who go back far enough…although this season was incredibly disappointing, these players are still the best FAU has ever had.  Go back to Sydney Green era…those teams were awful to watch!  Believe it or not, this program has advanced…its just the results are lagging behind.  High expectations come with a growing program and with growing expectations, greater disappoints sometime come about as well.
Back to the top

Tim said

walty12 said

Remember when we were all up in arms and writing letters to MJS about his contract extension…

Someone wrote a letter to MJS?

Yep, there was a template of the letter on this board.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Tim said

Go back to Sydney Green era…those teams were awful to watch!

Maybe so, although Raheem Brown or Mike Bell would be music to the ears right about now………..

So far we have not been able to land a qualified big man, who has their level of scoring talent, to save our lives.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I would take Matt McCall in a heart beat over Jarvis
Back to the top

I agree about Matt McCall, especially if we can get him in here by opening up a new basketball arena.
Back to the top
Control functions: