Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Athletics to Host Spring Fest Featuring Alfred Morris

FAU Athletics to Host Spring Fest Featuring Alfred Morris

FAU Athletics will host Spring Fest on Saturday, April 20 at FAU Stadium. The day-long event will feature the 2013 Spring Game, and will honor FAU alumnus and NFL Washington Redskins record-breaking running back Alfred Morris.

Activities are open to the public and admission to the 2013 Spring Game is free.

Action begins at 11:00 AM with food trucks outside of the stadium and an on-field experience with activities for local youth.

Inside the stadium, the Owls’ spring drills will culminate with a scrimmage at 2 p.m. This will be the first opportunity to see new team additions in action as well as witness the team’s progression first hand.

Halftime of the Spring Game will welcome home Morris, FAU’s all-time rushing leader. Morris was drafted in 2012 draft by the Washington Redskins. In his rookie season, Morris pounded opponents for 1,613 yards on 335 carries for an average of 4.8 yards per carry. The Pensacola native scored 13 touchdowns and set the Redskins single-season rushing record.

Following the game, FAU players and coaches will join fans on the Delray Hyundai Club level for an autograph session and meet and greet.

The 2013 Spring Fest also will serve as an opportunity to select a seat for the 2013 football season.

Fans are encouraged to purchase tickets prior to the spring game to be eligible for one of 20 prizes, including tickets to a Miami Heat versus Orlando Magic game, gift cards to the It’s Owl Time store, as well as a meet and greet with Morris.
Back to the top

Re: FAU Athletics to Host Spring Fest Featuring Alfred Morris

Flyer being circulated for the event:

Back to the top

My mom forwarded me this awesome email she got this morning (she works in Boca):

=============================================

Dear Loyal Customers,

White Lion Moving is a proud supporter of the FAU athletics program and we invite you to come out and join us this Saturday April 20th for the FAU Spring Fest.

Best part is, the admission is absolutely free!

Thank you for your time,

White Lion Moving Systems of South Florida, Inc
White Lion Worldwide Van Lines, Inc
White Lion Logistics, Inc
Boca Raton, FL (561) 997- 2400
Ft. Lauderdale, FL (954) 781- 9900
Jupiter, FL (561) 835- 8688
Miami, FL (305) 938- 0077
Orlando, FL (407) 218-5856
Tampa, FL (813) 200-4245
Naples (239) 249-3340

Official Moving and Storage Company of FAU Owls

=============================================

It also had a bunch of FAU logos and a picture of the flyer. Very cool.
Back to the top

I think it kinda sucks we're honoring Alfred during SPRING GAME and not during a regular season game where there will be thousands more people/students.

I guess his schedule probably doesn't allow for him to attend a game in the Fall so I guess it's better than nothing. Just kind of sucks that so many people won't be there.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

I think it kinda sucks we're honoring Alfred during SPRING GAME and not during a regular season game where there will be thousands more people/students.

I guess his schedule probably doesn't allow for him to attend a game in the Fall so I guess it's better than nothing. Just kind of sucks that so many people won't be there.

Marshawn Lynch played in Cal's spring game
Back to the top
Control functions: