Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Boomers

Add topic

How often did/do you guys go there while at FAU?

FWIW, Boomers apparently has a College Night thing going on there every Friday night: $20 unlimited everything and then $2 pizza, $2 Miller & Yuengling Draft Beer.

While it's cool that they're doing this, I have to wonder if anybody at FAU knows about it. Complicating things is the fact that the promotion is $8 more than their "$12 Tuesday and Thursdays" promotion when you get unlimited video games and a round of golf = probably all you're going to do there anyway unless your name is Barney Stinson.

I like the place, though I realize it's technically a "family entertainment center." Thing is, in the last few times I've gone there it's really gone downhill. It's like they just don't care anymore. They've cut the workers down to like one guy covering three stations, half the games are broke, the mini golf needs to be seriously renovated, etc.

I think the reason it's going downhill is because the guys who own it started pouring millions of dollars into building these Cowabunga Bay mini-water parks and must have forgotten about Boomers. At this point I almost think it would be nice to see it tank and have a Dave & Busters take it over.

That said, if you're into mini golf (and beer) there's a great place in downtown Delray Beach called Putt'n Around. Stupid name but they've done a really nice job theming it and they'll bring beer out to you on a given hole, so most of my friends have moved on from Boomers over to Putt'n' Around when they wanna do some mini golf. Anyway, thought you guys should know.
Back to the top

Re: Boomers

Puttin around is awesome! +1
Back to the top

Re: Boomers

Boomers

Earlier this semester, I headed a social with Theta Phi Alpha at Boomers. We had a deal, unlimited everything for $15. We had the social on a Tuesday so we had the go karts, lazer tag, mini golf, bumper boats, and the arcade for ourselves. It was a pretty solid night out.
Back to the top
Control functions: