Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium Deal Dead

Add topic

Re: Stadium Deal Dead

HootinHollerin said

Why haven't we thought of raising the funds ourselves to name the stadium Schnellenberger Field at FAU Owls Nest Stadium!?

…. Did you start tailgating for the August 30th game already?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

HootinHollerin said

Why haven't we thought of raising the funds ourselves to name the stadium Schnellenberger Field at FAU Owls Nest Stadium!?

My opinion on this, people just are not THAT committed to it.  Hell, I asked for people to step up to try and get Pat Chun and athletics in front of groups to speak about FAU football to sell season tickets and I has one, ONE forum member reach out to me. 
Back to the top

TimFAU98!  One thing I can't stand is someone that goes back to change their post to look like they won an argument.  You lost my respect.

Go Owls

Back to the top

OWL4EVER said

TimFAU98!  One thing I can't stand is someone that goes back to change their post to look like they won an argument.  You lost my respect.

Go Owls

I didn't change any post?
Back to the top

Any one ruffled yet ? And yes on the erased posts. I
Back to the top

From The Denver Post, Monday, April 8:

GEO executive investigated in son's domestic-violence case - The Denver Post

No comment from me.
Back to the top

ouch, not a flattering article.  I'd love to have a company immediately step up and make a deal, but I just don't see it happening.  Not in the near future anyway.  Carnival would be great, as they would be looking to get some positive press and would probably cut a sweet deal.  While they have had some bad press the last few months, I don't think the cruise business is hurting as much as people think it is.  I've taken a bunch and therefore get emails every day full of deals, and they're definitely not giving away trips just yet.

At the end of the day I'm still planning on calling the stadium owlcatraz because I like it, protestors be damned!  With a tiny owl for a mascot, we don't get opportunities to sound intimidating very often so when one comes we have to take it. 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Stadium Deal Dead

duder said

At the end of the day I'm still planning on calling the stadium owlcatraz because I like it, protestors be damned!

Yep! Until we get an official sponsor, no reason not to do it! After all, this is kind of a national nickname for it now anyway.
Back to the top
Control functions: