Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Explosions Reported At Finish Line of Boston Marathon

Add topic

Explosions Reported At Finish Line of Boston Marathon

BOSTON – Two explosions shattered the finish of the Boston Marathon on Monday, sending authorities out on the course to carry away the injured while stragglers in the 26.2-mile race were rerouted away from the smoking site.

Competitors and race volunteers were crying as they fled the chaos. Bloody spectators were being carried to the medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners.

"There are a lot of people down," said one man, whose bib No. 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter of North Carolina. He was not injured, but marathon workers were carrying one woman, who did not appear to be a runner, to the medical area as blood gushed from her leg. A Boston police officer was wheeled from the course with a leg injury that was bleeding.

Neither race officials nor public officials could immediately estimate the number or degree of injuries.

About three hours after the winners crossed the line, there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the photo bridge that marks the finish line. Another explosion could be heard a few seconds later.

Story

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Explosions Reported At Finish Line of Boston Marathon

Sad.

Do you think Professor Tracy will chime in on it?

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

Sad.

Do you think Professor Tracy will chime in on it?
I need help forming non conforming opinon on this so I can be out there and edgy so I'm hoping so
8)
Back to the top

This was the national anthem from last night's Boston Bruins game. Every time I watch this it gives me the chills. I figured I'd share it on here with everyone else

http://youtu.be/OGzjISyzQKo

Back to the top

Unfortunate that the Bruins dropped this one 3-2 to the Sabres. Would have been a nice way to cap that great National Anthem intro.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Unfortunate that the Bruins dropped this one 3-2 to the Sabres. Would have been a nice way to cap that great National Anthem intro.

Not a Bruins fan, but I agree. That would have been a great way to cap off the night

Back to the top
Control functions: