Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Saunders not worried about her job...

Add topic

Saunders not worried about her job...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/education/fl-fau-trustees-image-20130416,0,2504270.story

Whether you work for someone or you are self employed, if you don't have the attitude that if you are doing a bad a job you might lose your job you are doomed in my opinion.  WAKE up MJ…you are not doing a good job, turn it around, you should be in fear that your job will be taken away if you don't perform better.
Back to the top

Re: Saunders not worried about her job...

I thought the GEO Group pulling their donation was a mutual agreement because of the huge controversy. That article indicates it wasn't mutual. The trustees and administration were still in favor of the donation but the GEO Group was taking all the heat without FAU backing them up.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Tim said

WAKE up MJ…you are not doing a good job, turn it around, you should be in fear that your job will be taken away if you don't perform better.

Dare to dream.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

I thought the GEO Group pulling their donation was a mutual agreement because of the huge controversy. That article indicates it wasn't mutual. The trustees and administration were still in favor of the donation but the GEO Group was taking all the heat without FAU backing them up.

+1  It's very apparent that MJ did not get in touch with GEO on how to handle this when this started going bad (i.e. the open forum at the stadium, she had no answers for any of the questions).
Back to the top

MJ is okay, probably just good enough to keep her job,.  We were probably a bit spoiled with Brogs
Back to the top

I don't know what people expect her to say…"Yes, I'm terrified I'm going to lose my job." Could she have handled things differently? I suppose, but a lot of this stuff was out of her control and FAU was left scrambling to do whatever it could to put a positive spin on things.

The only thing I think FAU didn't do was plan for such backlash of the GEO group thing. And that's not completely her fault. P. Chun, Pelini and the entire board should have been cautious. But it's hard to do that when we're so desperate for money and someone's waving $6mil. in front of us.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

I don't know what people expect her to say…"Yes, I'm terrified I'm going to lose my job." Could she have handled things differently? I suppose, but a lot of this stuff was out of her control and FAU was left scrambling to do whatever it could to put a positive spin on things.

The only thing I think FAU didn't do was plan for such backlash of the GEO group thing. And that's not completely her fault. P. Chun, Pelini and the entire board should have been cautious. But it's hard to do that when we're so desperate for money and someone's waving $6mil. in front of us.

Eh.  I don't think that's the case.  She is trying to cement her legacy and is doing it at all costs.  Trust me on this with other things that have taken place, she and her key lieutenants should have been more cautious and planned better before ANYTHING was announced.  I don't see how this gets pointed at athletics at all.
Back to the top

Dr. Poole's contract is coming up today and CBS12, who broke the story about the Jesus Stomp ordeal, tried to catch up with Saunders at a groundbreaking for the Memory & Wellness Center expansion to ask her if Poole would be kept on.

Video of the super awkward conversation is here.

Saunders again slips into her own private universe, refusing to answer the question by repeatedly talking about how wonderful something else is instead. After all this time she still can't handle one reporter with grace? Seriously? What is her problem? We're paying her $345k base salary to represent us professionally.

How hard is it to say, "We don't have a comment on that right now. We're evaluating the situation and we'll decide the best course for FAU."

Back to the top

She tries to stay positive, almost to a fault. I like her but she has not run a school of this size in this time with, I will put it nicely, "growing pains". I hope she can battle through it and with her positive attitude she just may!
Back to the top

CBS12 did a follow-up story suggesting that the most recent BOT meeting that was canceled - the first in years - was done partially because several board members want Saunders out, though they didn't have a solid source to quote from.

Trustee Barbar denies it, saying it was just cancelled because they wanted to have a full budget meeting and they don't have all the info yet from the state legislature.

Maybe something, maybe nothing. This could get interesting.
Back to the top
Control functions: