Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Chris Bryant and Cavon Baker to Transfer From FAU

Add topic

Freshmen forward Chris Bryant and guard Cavon Baker aren't expected to be with the Florida Atlantic basketball team next season a source has confirmed. The duo intend to transfer in the offseason after just one year with the program.

Bryant played in 15 games over the span of his rookie campaign and scored a mere 11 total points.

Baker – who served a three-game suspension for violating team rules midway through the season – averaged 2.6 points in 18 games of action. The guard was spotted playing pickup basketball in the campus rec center earlier this week, which is a violation of team policy.

The two players aren't the first to leave FAU under head coach Mike Jarvis, as they join a long list of individuals who have transferred from the program.

Raymond Taylor and Dennis Mavin notoriously left last offseason season and transferred to rival Florida International, while Kore White landed on his feet at South Florida and Omair Grier ended up at Bradley.

Earlier this year freshman forward DeVonte Thornthon left the team for personal reasons.

The source stated that both Bryant and Baker will be looking at the Divison-II level. 
Back to the top

Re: Chris Bryant and Cavon Baker to Transfer From FAU

This crap is getting old.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

This crap is getting old.

Really, really, really old.
Back to the top

Yeah after a while you gotta realize it's the coach and not the players and then you also realize the talent he's bringing in. These kids are transferring but to D-II schools. They're freshman if they were that good they'd go to another D-I school and sit out a year.

Too late to get rid of Jarvis now but this makes 6 players over the last 2 seasons who have transferred

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

such a ***** joke. Don't want to bother looking back because its not worth my time but everyone was so hyped up about Bryant and how great of a recruit he was suppose to be. Everyone said they are getting better and better and the character is improving.

So what happens? We replace sophomores with freshman.

you ******* SUCK JARVIS.

I hate Sydney Green, he just didn't care or try, he was a fat lazy sh!t. Jarvis is just a tyrant who wants everyone to buy into his system and drives everyone away. justin ***** walk away. you suck.

With Gnatt gone and in conference USA I have no doubt this team will be last in the conference.
Back to the top

Ill have a difficult time renewing my season tix this year…whats there to get excited about?

At some point, you have to realize that the only constant in all of your dysfunctional relationships is you.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

such a ***** joke. Don't want to bother looking back because its not worth my time but everyone was so hyped up about Bryant and how great of a recruit he was suppose to be. Everyone said they are getting better and better and the character is improving.

So what happens? We replace sophomores with freshman.

you ******* SUCK JARVIS.

I hate Sydney Green, he just didn't care or try, he was a fat lazy sh!t. Jarvis is just a tyrant who wants everyone to buy into his system and drives everyone away. justin ***** walk away. you suck.

With Gnatt gone and in conference USA I have no doubt this team will be last in the conference.

Exit,

Love ya for the passion bro, but please tone it down moving forward. We don't have an elaborate filtration system, and maybe you are adept at cashing in on that ;)

However, the point can be made without the series of clear explicatives.

Thanks in advance.
Back to the top

This program becomes a bigger joke every day with the tyrant of a coach. It's a complete joke this guy can keep having a revolving door of players in his program and faces ZERO consequences!
Back to the top

Chris Bryant and Cavon Baker to Transfer From FAU

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Please somebody wake me up from this nightmare where the #1 basketball program in the SBC turned into this in just 2 years.
Back to the top

I know there are transfers in every program but this amount in this many years is excessive yes?

Hello Denmark? This is Boca Raton. Something is rotten.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: