Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owl Club

So my understanding is that the Owl Club no longer exsists and starting this year it is the Scholarship Fund.  Does anyone else have an issue with the fact that for the last 12 years those of us that have supported this football program from day one and have acquired points no longer receive any benefit for that history and support.

I understand that the best benefit was the selection of seats in the new stadium and I believe I ended up with some of the best seats in the house but it doesn't seem right that this new group comes in and just wipes out 12 years of support and now everyone is on equal footing based on how much they donate to the new Scholarship Fund.  I am all for the new focus and the fund itself and will be donating to the cause I just don't believe the last 12 years should be wiped out.

Any opinions out there from some other Owl Club members and non-membrs?

BTW Rick - What happened to spell check??

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Re: Owl Club

My understanding is that we do get credit, but going forward to get credit you have to contribute through the OSF, while your seat donation is for debt service on stadium…as usual FAU has done a horrible job of rolling this out and explaining….one day all will be ok <sigh>.
Back to the top

Been around for 10 years, trips to Hawaii, Texas, manned the phones calling to get  support for ticket sales etc.  Helped man the tents and even paid for top level season tix 5 years in advance but not a word from anyone at FAU to say that they were thinking about making a change ……………………nothing new there, there is a culture of contempt for our past efforts. Personally, I have a five year contract that specified certain benefits for the advance purchase of my families seats and am waiting to see how they will honor this. I think the lack of communication is the most upsetting aspect of this whole thing. But as we all have seen over the years, follow-thru has never been a priority.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

It was on vacation…back home now.

Give it a try…….
Back to the top

Owl Club

cigar said

Been around for 10 years, trips to Hawaii, Texas, manned the phones calling to get  support for ticket sales etc.  Helped man the tents and even paid for top level season tix 5 years in advance but not a word from anyone at FAU to say that they were thinking about making a change ……………………nothing new there, there is a culture of contempt for our past efforts. Personally, I have a five year contract that specified certain benefits for the advance purchase of my families seats and am waiting to see how they will honor this. I think the lack of communication is the most upsetting aspect of this whole thing. But as we all have seen over the years, follow-thru has never been a priority.

In the same boat, the HI game was a blast!

I don't want to come across as a complainer but it just seems they should leverage these relationships somehow in a way that would benefit FAU as well as those of us that have been around for a while.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

So my understanding is that the Owl Club no longer exsists and starting this year it is the Scholarship Fund.  Does anyone else have an issue with the fact that for the last 12 years those of us that have supported this football program from day one and have acquired points no longer receive any benefit for that history and support.

I understand that the best benefit was the selection of seats in the new stadium and I believe I ended up with some of the best seats in the house but it doesn't seem right that this new group comes in and just wipes out 12 years of support and now everyone is on equal footing based on how much they donate to the new Scholarship Fund.  I am all for the new focus and the fund itself and will be donating to the cause I just don't believe the last 12 years should be wiped out.

I was under the premise that the OSF would recognize points for bowl games seats and possibly parking.
Back to the top

boozie132 said

dusky256fc said

So my understanding is that the Owl Club no longer exists and starting this year it is the Scholarship Fund.  Does anyone else have an issue with the fact that for the last 12 years those of us that have supported this football program from day one and have acquired points no longer receive any benefit for that history and support.

I was under the premise that the OSF would recognize points for bowl games seats and possibly parking.

I don't know about the bowl game issue but I don't believe they are being used for parking.  The two silver lots that were for club seats are now both for the scholarship fund but if they don't have enough participates they will release one back to club seat holders but points are not taken into consideration from what I was told.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

boozie132 said

dusky256fc said

So my understanding is that the Owl Club no longer exists and starting this year it is the Scholarship Fund.  Does anyone else have an issue with the fact that for the last 12 years those of us that have supported this football program from day one and have acquired points no longer receive any benefit for that history and support.

I don't know about the bowl game issue but I don't believe they are being used for parking.  The two silver lots that were for club seats are now both for the scholarship fund but if they don't have enough participates they will release one back to club seat holders but points are not taken into consideration from what I was told.

I was told they were being used for parking….they are trying to sell assigned spots in two lots that used to be silver…$5k apiece, if they don't sell, they will sell to highest bidder apparently.
Back to the top

That might be the most ridiculous thing I have heard in a long time.  I don't have an issue with selling the spots but 5K per spot is absurd, this is FAU not Michigan.  Maybe they should try to come back down to reality and try $500 or so.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I was told $500, not $5k. but that was just for a season, not for "eternity"

$5k will probably buy you a spot for "eternity" which in FAU terms is 3 years until a new director shows up.

I'm forever on an annual basis with this group now.  ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: