Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

When Does FAU get Off the Bad PR Carnival Ride?

Add topic

It looks like the answer is NEVER!

Tracy back in the news - AGAIN!

This time suggesting the Boston marathon bombing was staged…….

FAU professor says marathon bombings look like staged event
Back to the top

Re: When Does FAU get Off the Bad PR Carnival Ride?

Rick said

It looks like the answer is NEVER!

Tracy back in the news - AGAIN!

This time suggesting the Boston marathon bombing was staged…….

FAU professor says marathon bombings look like staged event

Oy vey.

This guy needs to GTFO of FAU.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Between Tracey, and Britni Hiatt still causing drama, we will never get out of the news cycle.
Back to the top

The sad thing is, there is a lot of GOOD news to be reported.  They just don't want it to be glossed over/forgotten/not read due to all the bad press.
Back to the top

When Does FAU get Off the Bad PR Carnival Ride?

I truly believe in freedom of speech but I also know if I CONTINUOUSLY embarrass my employer I would be gone.

FAU and Dr. Saunders you have my permission as an alum to lose this guy tomorrow. He is more interested in hearing himself and promoting himself irregardless of the cost to the U!

When you become a detriment to your employer, you should be fired. Oh, and NO severance please, he can make his cash from his appearances and whatever book on conspiracy theories he writes!
Back to the top

How is this journalism?

At America’s worst university, a professor calls Boston Bombings ‘mass casualty drill’ - Yahoo! News

The article lost all credibility to me when it said that we punished the kid for not stepping on Jesus.

It's unfortunate that people will take what this dope says as truth. And calling us the worst university in the country is absurd..have they never been to FIU?  ;D

Seriously though, FAU is in a tough spot. Do they fire him? If they do, then we are firing his 1st amendment right in a PERSONAL blog. The school has already come out saying that they do not agree with what he said, which is definitely what they needed to do.

Back to the top

How about not renewing his contract when it ends if we cannot (are afraid to) fire him. Continually bringing unwanted (BAD/NEGATIVE) publicity on the University cannot be tolerated! Heck, some talk of firing Pres. Saunders over the way the GeoGroup has negatively reflected on the U - and maybe she has made some mistakes, but she does not go out of her way to do it like the subject of the thread does!
Back to the top

FAU's official response…….

"As with all postings on his personal blog, Florida Atlantic University does not agree with Mr Tracy's views or opinions…The University stands with the rest of the country in our support of the victims of the Boston Marathon tragedy."

Now that they have completely distanced themselves from him in a "personal" fashion, let's see if the business relationship follows suite…

Either this guys is a total flake, or he is just picking some REALLY bad current events to illustrate his subject matter.
Back to the top

Thanks for posting that Rick, nice to see an official response from the University.
Back to the top

Rick said

Either this guys is a total flake, or he is just picking some REALLY bad current events to illustrate his subject matter.

I think it's the latter.

As you may remember, Tracy recently called into question whether the university truly stood behind its professors right to "freedom of speech" (a phrase thrown around pretty liberally lately to justify some questionable behaviors) and this may be, in part, an exercise to see how FAU reacts to the negative publicity.
Back to the top
Control functions: