Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SOCCER: Germany will take on Ecuador in May, 2013 at FAU Stadium

Add topic

BERLIN, March 21 | Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:28am GMT

(Reuters) - Germany will take on Ecuador in May and the United States in June during an 11-day U.S. trip, the German soccer association said on Thursday.

The three-times world and European champions will play Ecuador in Boca Raton, Florida, on May 29, a week after arriving as part of the centennial anniversary celebrations for the U.S. federation.

They will play former coach Juergen Klinsmann's U.S. team in Washington on June 2 before returning to Germany four days later.

Link to Reuters March 21st, 2013 Release
Back to the top

Re: SOCCER: Germany will take on Ecuador in May, 2013 at FAU Stadium

Very cool, wonder how big a crowd this will get?
Back to the top

I hope they advertise the CRAP out of this game, because this type of event could fill the stadium
Back to the top

May 29 is a Wednesday I would ASSUME this would be a night time game? With Soccer ya never know but during the middle of the week if they want people there then it would only make sense to have a 7pm start.

I have a friend that's German and told him about this game and he's buying tickets for a few of us to go with him. So as long as it's a night thing, I'll be there

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Most of the FIFA international games start around 8pm.
Germany and Ecuador both are pretty much qualified or at least close to classification for the world cup in Brazil.
It is rare to see Germany playing in south florida and hopefully people go to this game. This is one of the best squads in the world.
As for Ecuador; they are decent and I am sure there are plenty of Ecuadorians in the area. I still don't understand why teams keep playing games at Dolphin stadium. You only need 30 to 40k seats to create a nice atmosphere, not 76K seats and have a half empty venue unless it is Barcelona or another big time team.
Back to the top

FAU's release from today….

The Florida Atlantic University Athletic Department has announced that FAU Stadium will host two major sporting events this summer: a men’s soccer international friendly and a major league lacrosse game.

The men’s soccer match on Wednesday, May 29 at 2:15 p.m., will feature Germany playing Ecuador, at the Boca Raton campus. The match will be televised back in Germany and Ecuador.

A regular-season Major League Lacrosse (MLL) game between franchises from Rochester (N.Y.) and Hamilton (Ontario) is scheduled for Saturday, June 22, starting at 7 p.m.
Back to the top

SOCCER: Germany will take on Ecuador in May, 2013 at FAU Stadium

Terrible! Sorry but no one is showing up for a soccer match in the middle of the afternoon. This should be a 7pm game and that stadium would be packed

Back to the top

Jab979 said

Terrible! Sorry but no one is showing up for a soccer match in the middle of the afternoon. This should be a 7pm game and that stadium would be packed

Agreed
Back to the top

NīTE said

Jab979 said

Agreed

Bad for us…but prime time in Germany…I am not a big soccer fan, but I was considering going.  May 29th, 2:15 p.m. 100 degrees out…PERFECT!
Back to the top

Tim said

NīTE said

Jab979 said

Agreed

Bad for us…but prime time in Germany…I am not a big soccer fan, but I was considering going.  May 29th, 2:15 p.m. 100 degrees out…PERFECT!

Exactly! Is this game is even on TV that we have to worry about what time it is in Germany?

Back to the top
Control functions: