Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Another possible addition to C-USA?

Add topic

Old Dominion athletic director Wood Selig says he's been encouraging Conference USA officials to invite James Madison to join the league, a possibility that seems more plausible now than even a few weeks ago.

James Madison is still weighing its options. It initially didn't want to make the leap to FBS play, but recent departures from the Colonial Athletic Conference have the Dukes reconsidering their options. And James Madison appears more willing to listen to the possibility of becoming a member of Conference USA instead of the Sun Belt Conference.

A potential move is dependent on Conference USA's willingness to eventually expand to 16 teams. Conference USA commissioner Britt Banowsky and league officials are still considering their options, but it isn't guaranteed.

Another program – preferably in the western half of the league's footprint – would have to join James Madison for Conference USA to reach 16 members. Arkansas State or Louisiana-Lafeyette could be targets according to Minium

Full Story

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Another possible addition to C-USA?

Another possible addition to C-USA?

No.

Back to the top

HootinHollerin said

No.

hahaha that's it. The commissioner has spoken! lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

LOL sorry for being so blunt, but I have two main reasons why I wouldn't want them in CUSA:

1. They would give CUSA nothing. No added footprint, as we already have a team in Virginia
2. The amount of money dished out to each school would decrees. It would spread the same amount of money out to more teams.

While I do think that JMU's upgrades to their campus and athletics facilities warrants a move up, I think they'll be a better fit for the SBC.
Back to the top
Control functions: