Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football To Play Four Conference USA TV Games

Florida Atlantic University football will have a minimum of four Conference USA games televised in 2013, as announced by the league office Tuesday.

The first conference game to be televised will be the contest on Thursday, September 5 at Eastern Carolina. The game will be carried by FOX and will kick-off at 7:30 p.m.

Two weeks later, the Owls will play host to Middle Tennessee, Saturday, September 21. The game will air on CSS at a time to be determined. CSS also has picked up the game versus Southern Miss on Saturday, November 16 with the time to be announced at a later date.

The final game scheduled by C-USA is the game versus FIU on Friday, November 29 at 3 p.m. on FOX. This will be the 12th annual Shula Bowl and will be hosted by FAU.

The 2013 football season, FAU’s first in C-USA, marks the third year of a multi-platform media rights agreement between Conference USA and FOX Sports Media Group broadcasting a minimum of 20 games.

This season, FOX Sports 1, FOX’s new national sports cable network launching in August, is scheduled to televise a minimum of 10 regular-season Conference USA football games.  Additional games will again be carried nationally on FOX Sports Networks owned-and-affiliated regional networks which reach more than 85 million homes and FOX College Sports.

2013 FAU CUSA FOOTBALL TV SCHEDULE

Thursday, Sept. 5: FAU at East Carolina, 7:30 p.m. (Fox Sports)

Saturday, Sept. 21: MTSU at FAU, TBA (CSS)

Saturday, Nov. 16: FAU at Southern Miss, TBA (CSS)

Friday, Nov. 29: FIU at FAU, 3 p.m. (Fox Sports)

As of May 7; Subject to change
Back to the top

Re: FAU Football To Play Four Conference USA TV Games

Thanks Rick!  Glad we will get to watch a couple of games on TV!  Darn, I have already committed to be at the ECU game.  Better exposure over year's past.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

FAU Football To Play Four Conference USA TV Games

Wow a game on Black Friday..... I hope were are good or no one will be there.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Wow a game on Black Friday….. I hope were are good or no one will be there.

FAU needs to advertise the heck out of that game and try to start a new S. Florida tradition of ATTENDING a Thanksgiving weekend football game and not just watch one on TV. Even if they have to really drop ticket prices and offrr super deals to families and kids get in free wearing their own jerseys (any sport), something creative to "thank" the community back for its support. Good chance to mend some fences and rebuild some burnt bridges IMHO!
Back to the top

Hey, it will be great for a lot of folks:

A day off from work, and a FAU football game at 3:00 PM!

Booya!

;D

But I agree with OC40…will depend on how we are playing as to what kind of crowd shows up…….
Back to the top

The black friday game could become a cool tradition, I think thats a game that I could probably make every year, the 4 day weekend makes the drive a lot better.  I think the only issue would be hotel rates for the holiday.  Maybe I could sleep in the truck behind the "Its Owl Time" store.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: