Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Two WR's won't join FAU Football Team

Two WR's won't join FAU Football Team

If there is one position on the Florida Atlantic football team that seems to be a revolving door, it would have to be wide receiver. FAU was in play to land the services of two pass catchers this spring – but that no longer is an option.

West Virginia wide receiver Ivan McCartney, who at one time had hinted a potential transfer to FAU, has decided to stay with the Mountaineers and finish out his collegiate career. Miramar wide receiver Sean Avant, had announced his intentions to join the FAU football team as a walk-on, but he appears to be headed to Syracuse after the Orange got involved late in his recruitment process. Avant had been committed to FIU leading up to National Signing Day, but he decided to flip to the Owls before eventually pledging to Syracuse.

Both players would have given FAU targets in the passing game following the departure of wide reciver Duron Carter – who left the program without ever playing a down. Wide receiver Jay McCants was also expected to contribute next season after transferring from Indiana, but he was noticeably absent from the team's spring camp. The Owls return their top two receivers from last season in William Dukes and Daniel McKinney.
Back to the top

Re: Two WR's won't join FAU Football Team

I would loved to see Sean Avant play here, but the kid wants to play more on tv for a chance to be drafted i guess. i really dont have a opinion.
Back to the top

Lucky for him they play in a dome!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Lucky for him they play in a dome!

This is my exact thought every time a south Florida kid goes to cuse.
Back to the top
Control functions: