Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owls Check in at #111 in Meyerberg's USA NCAA Football Countdown

This will be the most in depth countdown preview that your eyes will grace. Well worth the time…

Look for FAU to find some momentum in November, when the schedule takes a pleasant turn and the youthful and inexperienced offensive and defensive fronts have time to gel against solid-to-premier competition. At the same time, the Owls are headed for a rocky opening half against opponents like Miami (Fla.), East Carolina, South Florida and others, with this sluggish start eliminating FAU from the bowl conversation before the heart of Conference USA play.

The issues are obvious: FAU lacks the tools and experience needed to win along the line of scrimmage, which essentially seals its fate against the upper crust of its new league.

College football countdown | No. 111: Florida Atlantic

Back to the top

Re: Owls Check in at #111 in Meyerberg's USA NCAA Football Countdown

So glad Pual Meyerberg is doing this for USAToday. He does the BEST previews and really investigates each program.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Owls Check in at #111 in Meyerberg's USA NCAA Football Countdown

Owls Check in at #111 in Meyerberg's USA NCAA Football Countdown

Definitely a good read but nothing we haven't heard before. Huge questions in the O line, D line run stopping after losing Hinds and our favorite, the QB scenario. I'm very optimistic and I love that even in the nightmare scenario Myerberg has us beating FIU.

Also, Sean Kelly was a bright spot on special teams so that may have been worth mentioning.
Back to the top
Control functions: