Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ESPN: FAU's Heather Henderson flips roles, stereotypes

Great story about her background, her engagement and of course how she got her new job with FAU football.

//

Cheerleading coach Heather Henderson was on the phone, rattling off a list of things she had to do for her athletes at her cheerleading gym. As the owner, Henderson was in charge of day-to-day operations, planning trips, dealing with athletes and parents, and coordinating schedules all while making sure the gym ran smoothly and efficiently.

As Pelini listened, he realized he needed somebody with that exact skill set to help him with on-campus recruiting. So he turned to Henderson and asked whether she would be interested in working with the football program as the director of football operations.

Story.
Back to the top

Re: ESPN: FAU's Heather Henderson flips roles, stereotypes

GREAT COVERAGE for the offseason.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

ESPN: FAU's Heather Henderson flips roles, stereotypes

what a great story about her, and FAU. Really well done.
Back to the top

Huh. First time I've had a post edited by a moderator (though the edit made it better).
Back to the top

very cool coverage…and hopefully answers some of the questions about how she got the job  ;)
Back to the top

After having worked in a professional office setting for 30+ years, when it comes to organizing, planning, following up, schedules, details, etc. a woman is the best man for the job. Pelini probably knows he found the right person.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Awesome. Very proud to be an Owl.
Back to the top
Control functions: