Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Incoming Freshmen Summer/Fall 2013

Add topic

What exactly is the breakdown of this year's incoming freshmen class?

GPA & SAT averages?

In-state vs out-of-state breakdown?

Acceptance rate?

Any idea/information on stuff like that?

And how does this class compare to classes in year's past?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Re: FAU Incoming Freshmen Summer/Fall 2013

I'm not sure we can give that info. out yet since the final numbers haven't been run but I can tell you that this year's class will be the largest and one of the most, if not THE most competitive class we've ever had. I expect the profile to be the same, if not a little better than they were this year. GPA: 3.3-3.9, SAT: 1560-1770, ACT: 23-27 (FAU - Freshman Requirements)

Last year we had our application online until August I think. We took this year's off June 1st and actually had to turn people away because we're pretty much at capacity at the moment. That is a GREAT thing because it means we're not getting everyone leftovers.
Back to the top

FAU Incoming Freshmen Summer/Fall 2013

FAUfasho said

I'm not sure we can give that info. out yet since the final numbers haven't been run but I can tell you that this year's class will be the largest and one of the most, if not THE most competitive class we've ever had. I expect the profile to be the same, if not a little better than they were this year. GPA: 3.3-3.9, SAT: 1560-1770, ACT: 23-27 (FAU - Freshman Requirements)

Last year we had our application online until August I think. We took this year's off June 1st and actually had to turn people away because we're pretty much at capacity at the moment. That is a GREAT thing because it means we're not getting everyone leftovers.

SOLID.

Thanks for the quality post FAUfasho!
Back to the top

Is FAU receiving a large number of applications this year? Just curious with all the controversy that just happened.
The more application received, the more get turned down, the lower the selectivity rate. Even though it may not mean much it looks good.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Is FAU receiving a large number of applications this year? Just curious with all the controversy that just happened.
The more application received, the more get turned down, the lower the selectivity rate. Even though it may not mean much it looks good.

I'm not sure I can divulge that info yet but it's a lot. Not as many as 2011 but it's close.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

I expect the profile to be the same, if not a little better than they were this year. GPA: 3.3-3.9, SAT: 1560-1770, ACT: 23-27

I hope we have real gains. While we're on an upward trend, we're still behind our peers. It's kind of crazy what kind of numbers I'm seeing for the average GPA of FIU, UCF, etc.

IIRC our average SAT still hasn't broken (on the old scale) 1100 yet! That's bad. That number needs to improve.

FAUfasho said

Last year we had our application online until August I think. We took this year's off June 1st and actually had to turn people away because we're pretty much at capacity at the moment.

This is awesome news!
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

illinoisowl said

I'm not sure I can divulge that info yet but it's a lot. Not as many as 2011 but it's close.

Guess Stomp Jesus and Owlcatraz have reaped irreversible damage!
Back to the top

Well, I have a theory, and this is strictly my opinion, but GPA/test scores are have been GREATLY inflated the past few years. The reason you're seeing every schools profile go up is not because the students are getting smarter, it's because their GPAs keep getting inflated by Honors/AP/ dual enrollment/IB classes. When I graduated high school in 2005, if you had a 3.5 you were VERY smart and it was harder to get. Now everyone has a 3.5. Those honors classes give more weight to a student's GPA so things get inflated. AP classes are pushed so hard on students because sometimes a school can get more money from the government if they offer more AP classes AND it doesn't count against the maximum class requirement. They can load an AP course with as many students as they want because it counts almost as an elective. The system is so backwards.

I also have another theory as to why FIU has "higher" requirements than us. But that can wait for another day,lol.
Back to the top

I just read an article that enrollment this fall will be flat or decline a little. Some applications were withdrawn during and after all the incidents.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Yet the fresman class is up by 10%.
Back to the top
Control functions: