Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

CUSA Style and Branding Guide...

Add topic

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/c-usa/genrel/auto_pdf/2012-13/misc_non_event/logo-usage-guidelines.pdf

Scroll thru it, lots of FAU stuff on logo's and playing surface instructions.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: CUSA Style and Branding Guide...

Nice style guide; however, I think our logo choice was awful.
The owl head with the FAU letters is much more marketable, much stronger.
Back to the top

NīTE said

Nice style guide; however, I think our logo choice was awful.
The owl head with the FAU letters is much more marketable, much stronger.

Take a look on Pg13.

It looks like FAU is really trying to go to the "FLORIDA ATLANTIC" usage apparently so it makes sense that they are tyring to get rid of the winged FAU logo. Probably done to provide a distinction from FIU in the media.

Back to the top

I think they are trying to get away from FAU as there is always confusion by announcers and national writers differentiating FAU and FIU.

TO DARE IS TO DO
Back to the top

It's more Florida International is really trying to distance themselves from the often timed association, as they have Florida International forbidden!

:D

Good luck with that!
Back to the top

CUSA Style and Branding Guide...

I love the fact that Conference USA is willing to share how to properly presents its logo to the public. You see it to many times because people or schools dont know properly how to do it.
Back to the top

Any chance any of you computer savvy folks could pull out the FAU logos on pages 4 and 5 and paste them here?

I'd love to use them in a sig.  ;D

Back to the top

NameitforHoward said

I think they are trying to get away from FAU as there is always confusion by announcers and national writers differentiating FAU and FIU.

EDIT: On the printed materials, yes, since FIU is going with FIU and FAU is going with the full name.

But…

FAU, FIU

Florida Atlantic, Florida International

For announcers purposes, you're not going to "get away from the confusion" by using one form over the other. They both sound too similar. The difference is that the former (FAU) sounds more official while the latter (Florida Atlantic) sounds more directional which people tend to respect less; same reason why ULL wants to be called "Louisiana."
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Florida Atlantic
Florida International

FAU
FIU

You're not going to "get away from the confusion" by using one form over the other. They both sound too similar. The difference is that the latter sounds more official while the former sounds more directional, which people tend to respect less; same reason why ULL wants to be called "Louisiana."

Well with "FIU" pushing that as thier primary and us pushing "Florida Atlantic" it MIGHT start to make a difference. I have noticed several stories in the media using "Florida Atlantic" rather than simply FAU. And Ive seen several stories for FIU with them only using "FIU".

Time will tell if it really makes an impact.

Back to the top

owlfamily, is this what you meant for the logos?

See attached pics.

Attachment
7003 views (10 Kb)

Attachment
260 views (9 Kb)
Back to the top
Control functions: