Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MLL Game at the Stadium

Add topic

There was a Major League Lacrosse Game tonight at the stadium. Didnt hear much about it. Wonder what the attendance was like?
Back to the top

Re: MLL Game at the Stadium

I know I only heard about it… earlier today.

Can't imagine the attendance was too significant. One picture on Twitter looks pretty sparse.

If I find anything I'll let you know.

That said I'm glad these kind of games are being played there. Makes me wonder if we couldn't start a lacrosse team down the line and use the stadium as our facility.

Back to the top

Geo Group debacle just won't fade away

The Geo Group debacle just won't fade away, unfortunately. Check out the logo for last night's Major League Soccer game at FAU Stadium.

Rattlers Drop Second Straight | Rochester Rattlers Lacrosse

Back to the top

Re: Geo Group debacle just won't fade away

Here's another logo on the same Web site:
Back to the top

This is terrible…the zero tv audience and 200 people who actually went to the event are going to be reminded of the GEO debacle….non-incident in my opinion.
Back to the top

MLL Game at the Stadium

USMCOWL said

There was a Major League Lacrosse Game tonight at the stadium. Didnt hear much about it. Wonder what the attendance was like?

I was on campus 5 minutes before the game was suppose to start and lets just say I have seen more people at a sub-par high school football game.
Back to the top

Attendance was just under 5,000. There was almost no local media promotion, but I was told area youth sports leagues were heavily marketed. Hundreds of kids brought their lacrosse sticks and after the game, the pros signed autographs for a long time. The game was televised live on www.youtube.com/mll.
Back to the top

4,464 announced attendance...
Back to the top

BMarkey said

Attendance was just under 5,000. There was almost no local media promotion, but I was told area youth sports leagues were heavily marketed. Hundreds of kids brought their lacrosse sticks and after the game, the pros signed autographs for a long time. The game was televised live on www.youtube.com/mll.

Youtube isn't television…and the youtube video had 974 views.  Don't think 5k local kids who probably got to go for free will have any lasting impact because a team website used a logo that referred to GEO Group.  This was an issue of 50 people locally and got some traction nationally, it's been forgotten except in our little community here.
Back to the top

Here's an article about the game. The link has a video where they talk to fans about whether they would support a professional lacrosse team in Boca Raton. Both the fans and the lacrosse commissioners think that if they continue to get good responses and the league expands, "FAU Stadium would be a perfect place for a team to call home."

I'm all for having a professional lacrosse team use the stadium as their facility. In fact, I'd like to see professional lacrosse, soccer AND rugby (if possible, I know almost nothing about rugby) being played there. Having a professional lacrosse team playing on-campus would help us if we wanted to officially field a men's lacrosse team in the near future.

Thing is, according to this article it would cost someone $4M to start up an MLL team…
Back to the top
Control functions: