Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Expects Two New Bowl Games in Florida

Add topic

Per Dieter Kurtenbach at The Sentinel:

Conference USA commissioner Britton Banowsky said Wednesday at his league's media day that two new South Florida bowl games — one at Marlins Park in Miami and the other at FAU Stadium in Boca Raton — are "probable."

Banowsky said that Conference USA has vetted FAU Stadium for a bowl game, calling the situation "perfect."

Conference USA expects two new bowl games in South Florida
Back to the top

Re: C-USA Expects Two New Bowl Games in Florida

Rick said

Per Dieter Kurtenbach at The Sentinel:

Conference USA commissioner Britton Banowsky said Wednesday at his league's media day that two new South Florida bowl games — one at Marlins Park in Miami and the other at FAU Stadium in Boca Raton — are "probable."

Banowsky said that Conference USA has vetted FAU Stadium for a bowl game, calling the situation "perfect."

Conference USA expects two new bowl games in South Florida

I guess NCAA apoporoval is not needed now that the BigBoy Conferences AD's and Coaches  have made it clear THEY run Collegiate sports and NOT the University admins or schools themselves! The NCAA as it is may be dead or severely spintered and weakened VERY SOON!
Back to the top

When I asked him what percent chance he felt this had happening.

Dieter Kurtenbach ?@dkurtenbach 12m
@DaRitzMan 99%

Just crazy. I never in a million years would of thought that Boca could/would host a bowl game.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

C-USA Expects Two New Bowl Games in Florida

I love this idea.  I have to assume that those of us with season tickets have first shot at our seats.

I love that picture of the stadium also.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

owlfamily said

@DaRitzMan 99%

Just crazy.

That would be crazy. I have to wonder if we have the hotel capacity in Boca to house 30,000 visitors if it sold out!

To that end, if this bowl could get online and stay online, it would be a big incentive for completing the on-campus hotel/conference center project FAU recently mentioned to Boca's City Council.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

I love this idea.  I have to assume that those of us with season tickets have first shot at our seats.

I love that picture of the stadium also.

LOVE that stadium pic too, I have never seen it!
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

owlfamily said

@DaRitzMan 99%

Just crazy.

That would be crazy. I have to wonder if we have the hotel capacity in Boca to house 30,000 visitors if it sold out!

To that end, if this bowl could get online and stay online, it would be a big incentive for completing the on-campus hotel/conference center project FAU recently mentioned to Boca's City Council.

VERY true, and a good thing,! Maybe a Bowl game can get tied to a stadium sponsor for the media exposure? AND maybe this will help get a the ball rolling on a new arena as well?
Back to the top

I tell you what, the national TV coverage would certainly make the deal sweeter for any stadium sponsor, that's for sure.

As for hotels, I think we are covered…the cluster of them off Yamato and 95, the three on Military and Glades, the Boca Resort, there's a slew of inexpensive options on Federal between Glades and Spanish, and the team hotel on Glades and Tpike, that's like 12 right there just in Boca. Then Deerfield Beach, Delray, I think we're good.

Now that I think about it, how great of a location is FAU for a freaking bowl game??? Could you imagine being a Central Michigan fan getting to stay at the Delray Mariott for a week in December for a football game? Perfect weather, great food, bars, nightlife, and a gorgeous stadium to catch your game, and you're wearing shorts the entire time…this is a no brainer.
Back to the top

"Probable" is a good word. Much better than "possible"

This could turn out to be a successful bowl. What alumnus wouldn't want to come to Boca Raton to see his alma mater play in a bowl game there?  It's a relativley safe city so bring the whole family. Visit the beach. Short drive to west palm, short drive to Miami. It's not in the desert and not in a huge city.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

It's paradise! I just bought The Motor City Bowl for seventeen dollars. The whole thing !
Back to the top
Control functions: