Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Coaches Drop in on WR Kenneth Rawls

Add topic

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Local WR excited about the Owls

The spring football evaluation period is underway, and Florida Atlantic had a pair of coaches at Blanche Ely High School Monday afternoon to check out a few local 2014 prospects.

Recruiting coordinator Jeff Sims and assistant coach Jovan Dewitt were both at practice to see WR Kenneth Rawls and LB Terry McCray.

Rawls (pictured above) is a six-foot-two 175-pound wide receiver, who holds his only offer from the Owls. With two coaches from FAU watching closely over practice, Rawls can be regarded as one of the program’s top targets – and the prospect has taken notice.

“I’m excited about FAU,” Rawls said. “I like how they moved up their conference, and we (Ely) had Adrian Burton go there.”

Burton, who signed with the Owls in 2012 after decommitting from SMU, was one of the first players to be courted by second-year head coach Carl Pelini, and now he could play a factor in the recruitment of Rawls.

“We talk a lot. I have also met with William Dukes, and they both just told me a lot about the program and the coaches,” Rawls said.

FAU appears to be leaving a lasting impression on Rawls, and the staff is trying to get the wide receiver to attend an on-campus camp over summer to further develop a relationship. Other schools that have expressed interest in Rawls include Iowa State, Syracuse and LSU, but none of those programs have extended an offer.

McCray is more of a high-profile prospect, who claims scholarship offers from Miami, Syracuse, Minnesota, Tulane and FAU. While the linebacker is being recruited by major programs, the Owl’s coaching staff is making it known that they have room in their class for McCray.

Ely is coming off a 5-6 season and will host Miami Carol City in their spring scrimmage on May 23rd.
Back to the top

Re: FAU Coaches Drop in on WR Kenneth Rawls

Back to the top

Guess he wasn't too "excited" after all, and committed to Western Michigan.

What's more concerning is that they snagged THREE players from Florida who were also offered by the Owls - and SEVEN overall players - in one day; bringing their class to TWENTY EIGHT already?!

???  ???  ???
Back to the top

FAU Coaches Drop in on WR Kenneth Rawls

Rick said

Guess he wasn't too "excited" after all, and committed to Western Michigan.

What's more concerning is that they snagged THREE players from Florida who were also offered by the Owls - and SEVEN overall players - in one day; bringing their class to TWENTY EIGHT already?!

???  ???  ???

Good luck to them, but my guess is that those kids from Florida won't be all that happy in Kalamazoo in a year or two when their head coach leaves for a bigger program. 
Back to the top

I hear you, but they have 28 commits, and the 41st rated class thus far…that is:

Ridiculous!

Back to the top

Rick said

I hear you, but they have 28 commits, and the 41st rated class thus far…that is:

Ridiculous!

And for a new Head Coach (PJ Fleck) who has NEVER COACHED GAME ANYWHERE as a HC! Not even HS! He is the youngest HC In FBS football.

GOTTA be making some SERIOUS (and IMPOSSIBLE) promises to this many well ranked recruits!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Rick said

Ridiculous!

And for a new Head Coach (PJ Fleck) who has NEVER COACHED GAME ANYWHERE as a HC! Not even HS! He is the youngest HC In FBS football.

GOTTA be making some SERIOUS (and IMPOSSIBLE) promises to this many well ranked recruits!

Having 28 VERBAL commitments is great and all, but let's see how many of them ever step foot onto campus in Kalamazoo.
Back to the top

I mentioned WMU last week. They even have a four star QB committed. Trust me, a south Florida kid, born and raised, is NOT going to like the six+ months of Winter. October to March will devastate these kids.
Back to the top

Rick said

Ridiculous!

Didn't I hear they have a 5 star QB committed now too? Something funny going on there…
Back to the top

The top-rated QB they got was named Chance Stewart. Rivals has him at 4 stars, 247 at 3.

Here's an article with some information about why WMU got him.

Formerly committed to Wisconsin but decommitted after coaching change. Likes WMU's system and coach, plus:

"Western Michigan is just an hour away from where Stewart lives.

“It’s kind of exciting knowing my family and close friends will be able to come see me play every Saturday right down the road,” Stewart said."
Back to the top
Control functions: