Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

VIDEO: 2013 FAU Football @ C-USA Media Day

Back to the top

Re: VIDEO: 2013 FAU Football @ C-USA Media Day

Good interview.  Even in little things like this video, you can see the step up in quality from the Sun Belt to CUSA. 
Back to the top

I like a lot of what Pelini has to say, but him and Jarvis with this "They" referring to FAU, the institution they work for, is getting really old.  You are either in with being here or not.  Enough with the "They", you are the head coach, it's "WE" when talking about the past, present and future.
Back to the top

Tim said

I like a lot of what Pelini has to say, but him and Jarvis with this "They" referring to FAU, the institution they work for is getting really old.  You are either in with being here or not.  Enough with the "They", you are the head coach it's "WE" when talking about the past, present and future.

+1
Back to the top

I think coach put it well when he said the o-line has a lot of talent but is still relatively inexperienced. I think our season really depends on them
Back to the top

Tim said

I like a lot of what Pelini has to say, but him and Jarvis with this "They" referring to FAU, the institution they work for, is getting really old.  You are either in with being here or not.  Enough with the "They", you are the head coach, it's "WE" when talking about the past, present and future.

I was just thinking the same thing.
Back to the top

VIDEO: 2013 FAU Football @ C-USA Media Day

OwlBroker said

Tim said

I think its one of those little things thats little but translates into something big.  It actually bothers me too.  I wonder if he even realizes he sounds like that.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

OwlBroker said

Tim said

I think its one of those little things thats little but translates into something big.  It actually bothers me too.  I wonder if he even realizes he sounds like that.

Probably not, I gave him a pass last year as it wAs all new then, but this is his program, his school, so shouldn't be referencing it that way still IMO. Makes it seem like he isn't here long term with those comments
Back to the top

OwlBroker said

[Makes it seem like he isn't here long term with those comments

FWIW…he came into the store this past week and brought in his daughter who just went through orientation.  He could have been a salesperson in there.  He was showing her (and others) different items.  He had a lot of FAU pride going on. I believe he wants to be here.

That being said, if one of the big boys come calling, I am sure he would take it.  That's what coaches do (and people in general), they move up the ladder when they get the opportunity.

If he gets an offer it will be because great things happened to us.  I prefer to lose a good coach because he got us to another level than keep a coach because no one wants him because he didn't do anything special.
Back to the top

fauowl said

OwlBroker said

[Makes it seem like he isn't here long term with those comments

FWIW…he came into the store this past week and brought in his daughter who just went through orientation.  He could have been a salesperson in there.  He was showing her (and others) different items.  He had a lot of FAU pride going on. I believe he wants to be here.

That being said, if one of the big boys come calling, I am sure he would take it.  That's what coaches do (and people in general), they move up the ladder when they get the opportunity.

If he gets an offer it will be because great things happened to us.  I prefer to lose a good coach because he got us to another level than keep a coach because no one wants him because he didn't do anything special.

I concur..
Back to the top
Control functions: