Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Specialty License Plates

Add topic

Quick question before I go stand in line at the DMV:

I'm interested in getting a custom saying on my FAU license plate. Does anybody know the best way to do this, the cheapest way to do this, etc. I see a couple websites that do specialty plates but I'm not sure if (1) they're legit and (2) I can get it on an FAU plate.

Thanks!
Back to the top

Re: Specialty License Plates

Specialty License Plates

Owl2Doc said

I'm interested in getting a custom saying on my FAU license plate. Does anybody know the best way to do this, the cheapest way to do this, etc. I see a couple websites that do specialty plates but I'm not sure if (1) they're legit and (2) I can get it on an FAU plate.

Thanks!

Look at this first before going…

Back to the top

Rick said

Owl2Doc said

Thanks!

Look at this first before going…

Thanks. FWIW I have the FAU license plate already - I think I've had it since it came out, actually - so I just need one with the custom message. Unfortunately that site has a link to an application for a custom FAU plate that, for some reason, redirects back to the same page.

I'm going to email them and work it out.
Back to the top

Just go to the tax collector, I am pretty sure you have to go in person to do it, we always have.

Oh and if you want "FAU" as your personalization on your FAU plate, it's taken, still can't believe no one had that when we got it a few years back lol
Back to the top

OwlBroker said

Just go to the tax collector, I am pretty sure you have to go in person to do it, we always have.

Oh and if you want "FAU" as your personalization on your FAU plate, it's taken, still can't believe no one had that when we got it a few years back lol

Thanks for the advice! Yeah what I want should definitely not be taken. Crazy you got "FAU!" Congrats.
Back to the top
Control functions: