Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2002 FAU Vs MTSU help!

2002 FAU Vs MTSU help!

I posted the picture of the stone on the CUSA board and said that MTSU will always have a special place in my heart because of that 1st win over a FBS team. A few have asked for the story, but I CANNOT for the life of me find it or remember the details.

Is there any video or audio of what happened. Even a desccription of what happened would be helpful.

Thanks.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: 2002 FAU Vs MTSU help!

A MTSU poster had the details. I thought it was the Bynes catch but just couldnt recall the detaisl. Its interesting to see it from thier side.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

a long time ago I posted a link to the audio of that final play on here…but it might take some digging.

I was listening online when that play happend live, time expiring on the clock, Allen is able to get off one final snap (much to the surprise of the MTSU radio hosts), he starts to roll out of the pocket, avoids a tackle and bobbles the ball, somehow gets a throw off to Rosie Bynes who beats his defender and takes it to the house for our first D1 win. it was incredible.

I'll do some searching as I'd like to hear it again myself.
Back to the top

and it was 2003 BTW
Back to the top

Back to the top

That was the 11-3 season, wasnt it? And 4th in 1AA ranking?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Oh yeah, we beat MTSU to start the year, come into game 2 with big heads and get WAXED by D2 Valdosta State, the following week to go to UCF and are a dropped TD pass in the end zone at the end of the game to lose there…after that we didn't lose until the d1aa semifinals against Colgate…what a season!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Oh yeah, we beat MTSU to start the year, come into game 2 with big heads and get WAXED by D2 Valdosta State, the following week to go to UCF and are a dropped TD pass in the end zone at the end of the game to lose there…after that we didn't lose until the d1aa semifinals against Colgate…what a season!

From a fan's standpoint still the most exciting year for FAU Football.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Oh yeah, it was something else!

The playoff game against Northern Arizona was freaking fantastic, watch party at Bud Murphy's, just absolute freaking mayhem in there when we won that game, you couldn't move, people crowd surfing, spraying beer all over the crowd when we won…that's proof what happens when you win games.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Oh yeah, it was something else!

The playoff game against Northern Arizona was freaking fantastic, watch party at Bud Murphy's, just absolute freaking mayhem in there when we won that game, you couldn't move, people crowd surfing, spraying beer all over the crowd when we won…that's proof what happens when you win games.

I'd LOVE to have that atmosphere back in Boca. Hopefully some good coaching and committed players we can be back on our way.
Back to the top
Control functions: