Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Finding a New Home

FAU Football tweeted this picture on Monday with the caption, "Practice field lines painted, its getting closer! #fau #owlnation #football #cusa #florida #team #camp #practice #hardwork #dedication #endurance"

That piece of dirt in front of the goal post is where the "2001 Class Monument" used to sit.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

(Photo credit: Ted Hutton. Remember Ted Hutton? I wish one of our members hadn't run him off)

Schnellenberger was very protective of the monument, even having it roped off so people didn't sit or lean on it… so it seems strange that they would take it out.

I asked and apparently they're moving it to the stadium. Trying to find out where now.
Back to the top

Re: Finding a New Home

It should be in the stadium IMHO, at the practice field not a lot of people can see it.

I just hope they dont put it in the Tower area. I think it should go next too or in front of Howard.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Put it just outside the main entrance, or near the Howard statue. Good move though so far by athletics and the team!
Back to the top

Per FAU, going into this vicinity…..

Back to the top

Finding a New Home

Perfect Rick.

I could see that area actually becomeing a "Monument Garden" with new ones being placed in the sand. Would give people a reason to walk thru the area.

Hopefully Howards' gonna get Lei'd a lot this year after victories.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: