Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

CUSA Football Stadiums

Add topic

Here is a link to a read on all the present CUSA football stadiums - pretty nice and our home looks beautiful! Is there any reason is still cannot be called Owlcatraz?
Back to the top

Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Is there any reason is still cannot be called Owlcatraz?

That'd probably rub people the wrong way. It's better to move on from that controversy, IMO.

Perhaps more importantly, if a nickname catches on BEFORE there's an official naming sponsor in place, it makes it even harder to attract a naming rights sponsor because you can pay millions to have your name on it... yet everyone keeps calling it by the nickname.

Back to the top

Just looked through the stadiums.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Our stadium is still one of the best.

Gotta love that Marshall forest/mountain vista.

I don't understand the pastel color of the UNT stadium. Really should haev gone with green and planted a bunch of pine trees around it. Make it lush and green. I do like the tailgating oval they have out front though.

The football facility at the end of the USM endzone looks pretty awesome.

Love the UTEP field and the M in the mountain.

Tulsa's stadium reminds me of an open box of chinese food.

Tulane is getting a new stadium - renderings here. I particularly like this idea:

Not just the party deck but the screen right above the team entrance. That's a really cool idea.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

GeorgiaOwl said

That'd probably rub people the wrong way. It's better to move on from that controversy, IMO.

Perhaps more importantly, if a nickname catches on BEFORE there's an official naming sponsor in place, it makes it even harder to attract a naming rights sponsor because you can pay millions to have your name on it... yet everyone keeps calling it by the nickname.

You are right, but a BIG part of me would love to "upset" those whiner, bitchy outsiders! I think the VAST majority of students seemed to love the idea of "Owlcatraz"
Whatever happened to the majority rules in America. Now it is definately the loudest minority who get to call the shots on what people can say or do.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Just looked through the stadiums.

Our stadium is still one of the best.

Gotta love that Marshall forest/mountain vista.

I don't understand the pastel color of the UNT stadium. Really should haev gone with green and planted a bunch of pine trees around it. Make it lush and green. I do like the tailgating oval they have out front though.

The football facility at the end of the USM endzone looks pretty awesome.

Love the UTEP field and the M in the mountain.

Tulsa's stadium reminds me of an open box of chinese food.

Tulane is getting a new stadium - renderings here. I particularly like this idea:

Not just the party deck but the screen right above the team entrance. That's a really cool idea.

I just don't like the N. Texas stadium, especially for that STUPID looking endzone stands where the people at the tips are like 50 yards away from the ENDZONE even! Great seats (not) and yes, strange colors!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

owl2Doc said

GeorgiaOwl said

Perhaps more importantly, if a nickname catches on BEFORE there's an official naming sponsor in place, it makes it even harder to attract a naming rights sponsor because you can pay millions to have your name on it… yet everyone keeps calling it by the nickname.

You are right, but a BIG part of me would love to "upset" those whiner, bitchy outsiders! I think the VAST majority of students seemed to love the idea of "Owlcatraz"
Whatever happened to the majority rules in America. Now it is definately the loudest minority who get to call the shots on what people can say or do.
Just let it go.  No matter how much we would have loved for the athletic department to have received the extra money from the gift, it's best for all involved to just move on.  The protesters got their way, but the FAU leadership (or lack there of) was just as much to blame…probably more. The entire ordeal was handled very poorly from both sides.  Definitely not something we need to celebrate by reviving the "Owlcatraz" nickname.
Back to the top
Control functions: