Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Hey Owls

Just wanted to drop in and say Hi and looking forward to our game this season.  It's been about three years since we last met.  A lot has changed in Tampa for the Bulls if you didn't know.  We have stunk up the place pretty bad since 2010.

With a new coach in place, Willie Taggart, we are hoping to return to a nasty defense.  No telling what we look like by the time our teams play each other in September.

We have questions marks at QB and the DBs…I also think we may not have the RB talent Taggart needs to run his style of offense.  Should be a much closer game this time around.

I will be in frequently to catch up on Owls football.  I have also linked to your site so you may see some additional Bulls fans visiting.  Here's to some great and friendly football talk over the coming weeks!

BTW, your site has improved greatly from what I remember.

Go Bulls!

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

TheBullsPen.com
Back to the top

Nice of you to stop by Bulliever…and appreciate the kind word!

We will have a completely different look on offense than the last meeting, that is for sure.

BTW, looks like your forum is thriving  :cool:
Back to the top

Thanks.  You and I both know the challenge of providing fans an independent site to enjoy.  

Hopefully you'll see some more Bulls here and some good dialogue.

By the way, I originally went to the old site before finally getting directed here.  Maybe you can auto-redirect?  I didn't look real close at it.  Also, a main place to get college message boards is CollegeSportsInfo.com.  They seem to be behind in updating links, but I think a lot of people still go there.  I'd get the FAU link updated there.

Now that we've bored the rest, I'll try to focus on football!

TheBullsPen.com
Back to the top

Sounds like we're going to be pretty evenly-matched this year! We have similar issues, although your recruits are generally higher-ranked so you'll probably have the raw talent to win in the end.

That said, I do think the talent is there on our team but it's just a matter of getting the game experience under their belt… so I think we're going to have be a strong "second half" team this season.

Unfortunately for us we play you guys in game 3. It's going to be interesting!
Back to the top

Doc is right, USF has had a few rough years just like us which certainly opens the door for an upset but they've got us beat in the depth category on paper.

This year for the Owls does look promising on the depth front, we have a number of fresh/sophs challenging for starting spots so were moving in the right direction in Talent. Good news for the Owls is that we are not unfamiliar with coach Taggart and Im pleased to hear he didn't bring Bobby Rainey with him from WKU, that rb was a beast.

You guys will find we have a solid spread QB who can huck and run, a great receiving corps, 2 solid options at rb and strength in our lbs and dbs. O-line and D-line are the question marks, and when you have depth issues there, games can get out of hand. Ill never forget the 2002 shellacking you guys put on us, talk about dominance at the line, we couldn't even get plays off.

Welcome to the board.

Is Space Odyssey 2001 still open next to your stadium?  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Bulliver,

Is USF starting Eveld as teh QB or is there someone else?  I watched him play a little the tail end of last year and he was a little rough.  I'm looking forward to this game and would love to see a great game like our meeting down at lockhart a couple years ago.

Teambeer, yes, 2001 is still open, are you going to reserve the spaceship room for the nest members?  :cool:

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

Teambeer, yes, 2001 is still open, are you going to reserve the spaceship room for the nest members?  :cool:

Walty12 has been dying to say "beam me up scotty" since the last time we were in Tampa for a USF game.
Back to the top

I believe Walty and I have the same birthday (Sept. 14) which just so happens to be the date of the USF game. I'll be in Tampa for that one. Should be fun

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

teambeer said

Is Space Odyssey 2001 still open next to your stadium?  :Big-Grin:
I don't know really….I live in Arizona.  I would imagine it is…it's a pretty popular place.  :smile:

teambeer said

Is USF starting Eveld as teh QB or is there someone else?  I watched him play a little the tail end of last year and he was a little rough.
All indications are Eveld is currently holding tight as the backup with Floyd perhaps slightly ahead, but a lot of money is on the transfer from Penn State, Steven Bench, taking the reins by the end of the month.  We'll see.  Floyd and Eveld each have issues, Bench could practice his way to the starting job.

TheBullsPen.com
Back to the top
Control functions: