Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football Newcomers Making an Impact

Practice Notes and Observations for 8/14

It’s often difficult for true freshmen to make an instant impact, but for the FAU football team a handful of youngsters are already making a difference. Head coach Carl Pelini explained Tuesday night after practice, that a few individuals are making a case for playing time when the season opens against Miami.

“I’m pushing all the freshman,” Pelini said. “There are guys in that group that can help you out in different ways.”

Read more: FAU Football Newcomers Making an Impact - Owl's Nest
Back to the top

I'm starting to get a good feeling about this season.
Back to the top

Great to see the newcomers making the progress they are and pushing for playing time.  It the past there was always the tendency to lean more on the veterans even if some of the younger studs where better, just not as seasoned.

A very different feeling then at this point last year ...
Back to the top

Great write-up Andrew.

Hows Austin doing?
Back to the top

I like the idea of Jackson in the backfield, and it sounds like the coaches really worked with him over the last year.  He was lightning fast, just needed to work on ball control.  I'm looking forward to watching him get lost in the chaos of the line……only to pop out a couple seconds later and fly to the endzone.  

15 days

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

We're finally in a position where we are recruiting guys that can contribute early on. We had relied on the "development" of players for a long time.

Where we will see this the most, is late in the game when we've got guys cycling in on the lines that can actually play. Years past, that's whats killed us the most, sending out undersized young linemen to go against second team studs from USF later in the game when the As are gassed.

Lastly, if Martese gets some hands, he'll be a force for us out there. That's exciting.
Back to the top
Control functions: