Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Miami Hearld article on FAU...

Pelini's 2nd year more about real coaching at FAU

BOCA RATON, Fla.: Pelini's 2nd year more about real coaching at FAU - Colleges - MiamiHerald.com

BOCA RATON, Fla. – There's a framed No. 1 jersey hanging on the wall of Carl Pelini's office at Florida Atlantic, commemorating his first win as coach of the Owls.

Only two other wins followed the rest of the way, but to Pelini, the wins and losses were not the story of his first season with FAU.

Instead, his opening year as Howard Schnellenberger's successor was largely spent setting up how Pelini always envisioned a program would be, with no detail overlooked. How to practice. When to practice. How to eat. When to eat. And now those building blocks — the basic principles of Pelini's plan — are largely in place the coach has found himself able to focus more on actual football.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I find it quite sad that the Miami Herald posts more articles on FAU than the Post who is supposedly our "hometown" paper

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

jab979 said

I find it quite sad that the Miami Herald posts more articles on FAU than the Post who is supposedly our "hometown" paper
+1

The PBP beat writer for the Gators made fun of us the other day on Twitter.

It's a free country but I find it unprofessional to do that on a Twitter name connected to the PBP.
Back to the top

jab979 said

I thought the post was already dead, it will be very soon especially with the 5th grade writing.

If you are a writer for the post you are not exactly excelling in your career.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: