Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Boca Bowl must be close to being done.

Add topic

ESPN is looking to own the "Boca Bowl". Must be closer to being done then we thought.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Back to the top

Thanks for the link. I was wondering what the other bowls were.

I guess it isn't weird that ESPN owns these bowls. It's like any other network paying for its own programming.
Back to the top

Personally I would rather FS1 get a hold of the Boca Bowl. They need live content and would probably pay pretty well for it. Plust CUSA is in bed with them anyway.

Back to the top

Who cares which network owns the bowl as long as it happens?  A Boca Bowl would be great for the city and FAU.
Back to the top

Wow, Montgomery Alabama in December for a Belt/MAC game. Not very interesting to me and IF the Belt has enough Bowl Eligible teams, historically they have not. But congrats to Montgomery and I hope Boca gets it's Bowl game announced very soon!
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Who cares which network owns the bowl as long as it happens?  A Boca Bowl would be great for the city and FAU.

I agree.  

IMO, FAU Stadium is perfect for some of these smaller bowls ….
Back to the top

Looks like this is happening.  For the record, Dieter and the ODU writer had this story first. 

Conference USA to participate in new bowls in Bahamas and Boca Raton, sources say - ESPN
Back to the top

CBS sports article on the "Boca Bowl"

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/23239628/report-bowl-games-coming-to-bahamas-boca-raton

Hey, you, college football fan, you like bowl games, right? Good thing, because college football is reportedly about to add two more to its already well-stocked roster.

ESPN reported Tuesday that bowl games in both the Bahamas and Boca Raton, Fla., will be played in 2014, raising the number of games to at least 38. The Bahamas Bowl will be held in Nassau, the island nation's capital, and will be the first bowl game played outside the United States since Toronto's International Bowl folded following the 2010 season.

Both games will feature teams from Conference USA, with the Bahamas Bowl expected to pair the C-USA representative against one from the MAC, ESPN reported. The Boca Raton game will feature the C-USA against a team from the American Athletic Conference, Mountain West or MAC.

With four other primary bowl agreements announced Tuesday, C-USA will boast six such agreements starting with the 2014 season, as wel las partial tie-ins with other bowls.

Per ESPN, the Boca Raton game – which does not as of yet have a title of title sponsor – will be played at FAU's 29,000-seat on-campus stadium

Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: