Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MG3 Practicing at WR

Carl Pelini said he was experimenting with a few players at different positions, and it appears that one change could be permanent.

Monday morning Melvin German was practicing with the wide receivers for the second straight day.

Sources with access to practice said German wore a white practice jeresey Monday night instead of his usual red, and Tuesday morning things didn't change.

With just under 10 days remaining until FAU opens the season against Miami, the Owl's find themselves with three quarterbacks vying for the starting job. German was believed to be the heavy favorite to win the battle, but it appears that his talents will be used elsewhere.

It isn't clear whether or not German's change is permanent, but the Owls have used other quarterbacks in fall camp at different positions without changing their jersey color.

The 6-foot-5 210-pound German has never played wide receiver full-time but his athletic ability could make him a vertical threat.

Back to the top

Wow,

From all accounts I thought MGIII was almost a lock. I just want coach to pick one so that they can get the majority of the snaps during install for Miami and ECU.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Andrew said

Carl Pelini said he was experimenting with a few players at different positions, and it appears that one change could be permanent.

Monday morning Melvin German was practicing with the wide receivers for the second straight day.

Sources with access to practice said German wore a white practice jeresey Monday night instead of his usual red, and Tuesday morning things didn't change.

With just under 10 days remaining until FAU opens the season against Miami, the Owl's find themselves with three quarterbacks vying for the starting job. German was believed to be the heavy favorite to win the battle, but it appears that his talents will be used elsewhere.

It isn't clear whether or not German's change is permanent, but the Owls have used other quarterbacks in fall camp at different positions without changing their jersey color.

I like the possibility of this….1.  With Jaquez or one of the freshman winning the starting role we won't have a QB battle this spring or next fall (thank goodness…tired of it).  2.  You win by putting your most talented and athletic athletes on the field.  MGIII has great athletic ability.  3.  Nice possibilities with the wild cat formation (need to come up with an owl centric nickname for it).
Back to the top

Could be for good…

Back to the top

All four qbs have packages? There will be a moment where 4 qbs are on the field at the same time and it has the potential to be the coolest thing we've ever seen or the most inept offense ever put together.

Good news for us UM is really hurting in their secondary and d-line still hasn't been determined, so having 11 quarterbacks on the field all at once might not hurt us.
Back to the top

Been a while, but we're back in action with the awards!

teambeer said

Good news for us UM is really hurting in their secondary and d-line still hasn't been determined, so having 11 quarterbacks on the field all at once might not hurt us.

Back to the top

I don't see how this can be a good idea….. After all this time, the staff is just figuring out he's NOT going to be a QB????
Back to the top

Pelini continues to mystify me. Pulls this and then blows off the media saying "I don't have to talk to you". This guy better win….
Back to the top

It blows my mind it took a year and half to find out that MG can't play QB 
Back to the top

he had a sense of entitlement so he didn't feel the need to work as hard as the other to keep a job that was basically handed to him hopefully he pans out at wr because he is really talented. CP comes from Nebraska I think he knows what he's doing and I have all the confidence in the world in his decision making  :Smug:
Back to the top
Control functions: