Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Something's going on at the 2nd Glades entrance

Add topic

Just a heads-up.

Students say its roped off and there's a bunch of police cars over there.

Someone threw out a rumor of a dead body over there. Don't know if that was a joke or not. Hoping its not because I don't want to have to read that headline later tonight.

Back to the top

P.S. This is still saying my posts have to be validated. Thought that was fixed?
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

P.S. This is still saying my posts have to be validated. Thought that was fixed?

Not sure why, it seems to be starting at topic level … I will check right now as to why!  :Thinking:
Back to the top

For some reason, there were a few usergroups stil effected on the "FAU News" board ... Should be OK now.  Sorry about that.
Back to the top

Well, any word on what was going on? I hope nothing bad!
Back to the top

No word yet. Guess that's a good sign.

Meanwhile the Foam Party is in lightning delay. It also rained on move-in day. Hopefully it doesn't rain next week for the bonfire because they have an entire truck bed filled with wood pallets.
Back to the top

Via WPTV

A temporary road closure yesterday at Florida Atlantic University campus was caused by delays associated with an apparent suicide.

one entrance to the Boca Raton campus was closed after a police incident.  The university reports that at about 2 p.m., a non-FAU affiliated individual was found dead.  The death was deemed a suicide.

FAU reports at no point in the situation was the campus community in danger.  The victim was identified and the family has been notified.

The university states if the incident had been an emergency or threat to the campus, the FAU Alert system would have been activated and messages immediately conveyed to the FAU community via email, text, phone and social media.

Weird.
Back to the top
Control functions: