Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week Thread: FAU @ Miami - 08/30/13 @ 8:00 PM

Add topic

illinoisowl said

Miami has a lot of linemen 300+ lbs!!!!!
Posted On: Aug 27th 2013, 11:42 AM #315741

So do 95% of BCS teams…

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

A case could be made that Miami and Florida Atlantic are football brothers.
After all, the programs have the same father.

The Hurricanes and the Owls play Friday to open their seasons and pay tribute to former coach Howard Schnellenberger — who led Miami into the spotlight by winning the school's first national championship in 1983, 15 years before he began building Florida Atlantic's program from scratch.

It's the first time the schools have met in football, and starts a three-game, four-year series.
"That was the genesis of the game, that we would celebrate what he has done for both programs, really starting both programs at the end of the day," Miami coach Al Golden said. "He's a man who owes me nothing but treats me with great respect and imparts great wisdom every time I see him. We're blessed to have him in our family. I know FAU probably feels the same way."

Schnellenberger will be the honorary captain for both teams. Dozens of his former Miami players are expected to attend for a 30th anniversary celebration of the school's first title — a move Schnellenberger calls "putting the sugar on the cake of this game."

Miami-FAU a tribute to Schnellenberger's vision | Boston Herald

Back to the top

walty12 said

illinoisowl said

So do 95% of BCS teams…
Posted On: Aug 27th 2013, 12:26 PM #315749

According to research done by SportsNOLA.com, Miami had the country’s fourth-heaviest line last year. At 319 pounds, UM was nearly 17 pounds bulkier than the national average and 14 over the ACC average. It will be a jarring difference Friday night against Florida Atlantic, which goes 6-3, 248 across the defensive line.
Back to the top

Did FAU release the depth chart for the UM game?
Back to the top

Ask, and you shall receive…here is the Owls Depth Chart for the Canes, per FAU:

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

What happend to Vile on the OL? Not even listed on the depth chart. Is he hurt or gone or what?

And not to be negative but we have to have one of the smallest D lines in the FBS. The UM line is huge and I fear they are just gonna run it down our throats. Hope our men are quick enough to shoot some gaps and make TACKLES in the backfield, not just initial hits like last year so many times.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Trevon Coley is NOT 225lbs, don't stress
Back to the top

walty12 said

illinoisowl said

So do 95% of BCS teams…
Posted On: Aug 27th 2013, 12:26 PM #315749

Size must not matter, as Dieter reports that the Canes are still in flux on the OL:

Hurricanes offensive linemen still fighting for starting jobs
Back to the top

This depth chart can not be right just look at the tight ends Darion Howard is not starting. 
Back to the top

Pelini is sending out fake depth charts now too!
Back to the top
Control functions: