Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

It's hard being an Owl fan...

Who else has another team they follow?

Mine is Wisconsin, just because I was born there!
Back to the top

I have other teams I'm interested in very casually but I know zero about the teams themselves.

Any team with a lot of offense intrigues me… I like shootouts.
Back to the top

I grew up a Canes fan and still follow them closely.
Back to the top

same for me NCowl. I was born in Milwaukee, lived in Menomonee Falls. Now I live in Florida, but I still love my Badgers. I go to FAU and root for my school.
Back to the top

I'll sit and watch almost any college game on TV, especially if its close, but as for other teams I actually root for, apparently I'm a glutton for punishment because I follow the other two mid level FL teams:

UCF:  I grew up in central FL and had a lot of friends that went there, plus a UCF game was the first college FB game I ever went to.

USF:  I live just south of Tampa, sister and a lot of friends went there so I end up going to a bunch of games, makes a great family rivalry, especially this year.

I'll keep up a little with FSU and UF, my boss is a gator and every once in an while I'll get a pair of tickets to go to the swamp.  When the two play, I always go for FSU just to annoy all of my gator fan friends.  In general I feel its too "easy" to be a fan of either of those teams, so its no big deal to me.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

I'm going to start cheering for Alabama.

I have no ties to the school or area but man am I sick of losing.
Back to the top

Yeah, FAU is the only school I care about, so the only joy I get in college football is rooting against teams I don't like (pretty much all other Florida schools). I just can't bandwagon and I have no ties anywhere else, so I'm stuck suffering until we turn this thing around.
Back to the top

I don't know if it because we are so die hard owl fans and always lose, but beyond that, the games just don't seem exciting to me. I watched the Clemson/Georgia game last week and it was a great game to watch, now I have no ties to either school. Not sure if Georgia feels it was a good game since they lost, but to me it was a fun game, lots of scoring and they ran the plays like well oiled machines, both teams. Owls don't have that.. at all.

Now I will never give up on my owls, they are always number one to me as most/all of us, but sometimes you just want to watch a good game. I have no ties to Wisconsin other than I was born there and a couple friends went to school there, but they play some good smash mouth ball. I also pay attention to UNC since I am in the Carolinas now, but they haven't been spectacular recently either.

GO OWLS!

Back to the top

I grew up a Florida State Seminoles fan and still is.....Tomahawk Chop...
Back to the top

My other team is Florida State…Fear the Spear!
I'm an FAU grad and FAU dad (my son)…but my daughter is an FSU grad.

-Go Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: