Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2013 FAU Volleyball Schedule

Add topic

Back to the top

Re: 2013 FAU Volleyball Schedule

The Owls will look to continue upward momentum and open the 2013 season during labor Day Weekend while playing host to Southeastern Louisiana University, Bethune-Cookman University and Jacksonville University.

This year will see an increase in home court play by five matches, including the Alumni Match on September 21st.
Back to the top

Not sure if everyone is aware, but FAU is starting a Sand Volleyball program this year as well.  Looking forward to it!!
Back to the top

fauowl said

Not sure if everyone is aware, but FAU is starting a Sand Volleyball program this year as well.  Looking forward to it!!

?

I'm seeing this news story on FAUsports saying FAU has concluded its 2013 season already…?

Or are you saying first season in official conference competition?

This puts us at 19 sports, with one more for women than men… meaning at some point we could add a men's track team… or lacrosse? Or maybe even ice hockey, since we already have a team together there?
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

fauowl said

?

I'm seeing this news story on FAUsports saying FAU has concluded its 2013 season already…?

Or are you saying first season in official conference competition?

This puts us at 19 sports, with one more for women than men… meaning at some point we could add a men's track team… or lacrosse? Or maybe even ice hockey, since we already have a team together there?

My understanding (and I could be wrong) is that sand volleyball will now be an official school sport as opposed to a club sport.  Not sure about conference affiliation as not everyone has sand volleyball.  They are planning to put a few sand volleyball courts near the Ox.

As far as Lacrosse, I have heard that Lacrosse will have another year as a club sport and then become an official sport a year later.  This was according to a current Lacrosse player.  I have no idea if this is true or not, just what I was told.
Back to the top

The Owls (1-0) kicked off 2013 with a 3-0 sweep (28-26, 26-15, 25-17) over South eastern Louisiana on (0-1) Friday in the first game of the FAU Classic.

Three FAU players saw double digit kills in the effort.

Florida Atlantic will play its second match of the day against Jacksonville at 7:00 PM.
Back to the top

FAU Volleyball dropped their second match on Friday to Jacksonville.

The Owls won the first set 25-20 before dropping the final three 23-25, 16-25, and 20-25.

Alessia Pizzoccheri paced the offensive attack with 11 kills, and Kristi Tekavic and Jennifer St. Sume each added nine.

Florida Atlantic will conclude tournament action tomorrow at 3:00 PM against Bethune Cookman, who they swept in a single match during the 2012 season.
Back to the top

The Owls completed action at the FAU Invitational with a straight set (25-17, 25-22, 25-17) victory over Bethune-Cookman on Saturday.

Florida Atlantic (2-1) used an 11-0 run to rally from a six-point deficit midway through the first set to take a 25-17 victory. Brianne Wojciakowski recorded four of her six kills on the day during the run. FAU held a 14-9 lead early in set number two, but the Wildcats rallied to tie the set at 14. The Owls never managed a lead of more than three the rest of the way, but managed to hold on for a 25-22 win.

FAU got out to a fast start in the third set, taking an early 7-0 lead. BCU was unable to get within six points the rest of the way and the Owls clinched the win 25-17. Jennifer St. Sume and Alessia Pizzoccheri were named to the All-Tournament Team for FAU.

The Owls will travel to Jacksonville next weekend to participate in the JU Invitational.
Back to the top

Florida Atlantic picked up a pair of wins on Friday with a 3-0 sweep over Mississippi Valley State (25-16, 25-19, 25-20) in the morning, before polishing off North Florida in five sets during the nightcap of day one at the Jacksonville Invitational.

Their current mark of 4-1 matches the best start for the program since the 2010 season.

With 14 players seeing action, the Owls used nearly a full roster against the Devils (2-5), as Jennifer St. Sume tallied a match best 10 kills, and the squad bested MVSU behind a 33% to 12.5% advantage in the category.

Later, FAU took set one 25-21 against the Ospreys (2-3) before dropping the next pair by consecutive scores of 22-25. However, they would break away after a 14-14 tie in the fourth, finishing with a commanding 11-6 close. The final set saw the team trail only after a point, as they led the rest of the way and secured the win.

Junior OH Alessia Pizzoccheri boasted 23 kills for the match, while Kristi Tekavec and Ivana Bulajic added 14 and 10 respectively.

The Owls will conclude tournament play on Saturday against Charleston Southern and host Jacksonville at 2:00 and 6:00 PM.

Back to the top

2013 FAU Volleyball Schedule

Alright, alright! I'll take any wins given the atmosphere.

Good job, Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: