Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week Thread: FAU @ South Florida - 09/14/13 @ 7:00 PM

Add topic

The Matchup: Florida Atlantic (0-2) vs. South Florida (0-2)

The Series: The Bulls lead 3-0, and will be hosts for the third time.

08/29/02 A L 51-10
10/06/07 H L 35-23
10/02/10 A L 31-3

When: Saturday, September 14th @ 7:00 PM

Where: Raymond James Stadium

Live Video: ESPN3

Bulls Team Site: Here

Ticket Info: 1-866-FAU-OWLS

Visitor's Info: Things to Do in Tampa, FL

Current Stadium Weather: Here

Opening Line FAU +10.5

Latest Line: Here

Back to the top

well, someone is getting a win next weekend...I hope the O gets something going and helps us get it....:cool:

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

WARLEY LEROY!!!! Arrrrrrgh.

If there was ever a shot for us to pull one off on the Bulls it's next weekend, but I just don't see us getting the O together in time.
Back to the top

Hopefully we put the extra couple of days of practice to good use.  Go Owls!
Back to the top

Keys ingredients to make this a game:

- ONE QB (preference on Hankerson) who can throw a decently accurate pass with the 3 seconds he has to throw before the sack and STOP gunning it up the middle straight into the arms of their linemen

- WR's who can make a catch when the ball hits their TWO hands even if it isn't a perfect pass

- Our defense doing what they do: swarming the QB - fumble and sack him, and INT the ball

- Special Teams: Not allowing an 85-yard run like last game, making the SHORT field goals

= Possible WIN!  :Yawn:
Back to the top

Owls open at +10.5 - the lightest deficit yet!
Back to the top

fauprowler said

Keys ingredients to make this a game:

- ONE QB (preference on Hankerson) who can throw a decently accurate pass with the 3 seconds he has to throw before the sack and STOP gunning it up the middle straight into the arms of their linemen

- WR's who can make a catch when the ball hits their TWO hands even if it isn't a perfect pass

- Our defense doing what they do: swarming the QB - fumble and sack him, and INT the ball

- Special Teams: Not allowing an 85-yard run like last game, making the SHORT field goals

= Possible WIN!  :Yawn:
Posted On: Sep 8th 2013, 11:08 AM #317023

Added the obvious, but still a key ingredient:

-Mininize the turnovers…better yet, eliminate them.
Back to the top

I have 2 tickets to the USF game (I am not going).  Lower Bowl Section 132. I paid $40 each (face value).  I will sell them for half price.  I want to sell them both together for total of $40.  I will have them in my store if anyone wants them. 

Store tel number: 561-367-3945.

Back to the top

This is going to be a really interesting game just for how bad it's going to be.

If either team scores more than 17 I'd be surprised.

Back to the top

If there was a time to open up the play book its this weekend ... after two games teams know we struggle with the air attack and will continue to bring pressure and contain the QB's.  And it's not like we are running over our opponents either :Not-Talking:

We will need to find a way to use miss directions and quick passes to loosen up the opposing defenses a bit.

Turnovers will be key in this game, like Owl2doc mentioned, this will be a low scoring game and the team that shows the most discipline will have an edge.
Back to the top
Control functions: