Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

What is a Hootigan

I saw this on Twitter. What is a FAU Hootigan?

Back to the top

I had the same question. Hopefully someone can clear it up.

Looks like an Owl Rangers-type of deal.
Back to the top

It's an official thing athletics started, they started a fb page, looks like they have out t shirts today
Back to the top

Just another genius thing to add to the list produced by our athletics department.

Every day I cringe when I see the schedule magnet on my fridge from two seasons ago with that embarrassing "Get ready, 'cause here we come!" motto. We, of course, had been around for 10 years at that point.
Back to the top

They sent out messages saying "come get your free Hootigan shirt" to students.

I get what they're trying to do. Trying to build a student section and this method helps.  I'm not a fan of the design but free shirts are free shirts.

I also don't know how the Owl Rangers guys feel about being represented as the face of the Hootigans on their Twitter page... but I'm sure they'll work it out.

I did notice an uptick in the number of people who are proud to rep FAU even in our losses.

Back to the top

If we're gonna be hootigans we need to start acting like it!

Create a full fledged firm that has a go with the other teams firms every weekend, I say we put OC40 in charge.
Back to the top

teambeer said

If we're gonna be hootigans we need to start acting like it!

Create a full fledged firm that has a go with the other teams firms every weekend, I say we put OC40 in charge.

Ever seen Green Street Hooligans? I believe it's based on the West Ham vs Millwall rivalry.
Back to the top

Of course!  :Big-Grin:  great flick, minus Elija Wood. Any self respecting Brit has o know that film. Luckily I support Southampton and no one is passionate enough to fight someone over that shite team!
Back to the top

I lived in London a few years back and the first brits I befriended were all Tottenham supporters. Spurs fans are passionate enough just not strong enough. :Laughing:
Back to the top

Ah that's great, Spurs have recently gained in popularity, loads of famous Americans are supporters of theirs, I guess like the LA Clippers in recent years. Aaand and we've officially hijacked a thread :) hope you guys learned something!
Back to the top
Control functions: