Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week Thread: Middle Tennessee @ FAU - 9/21/13 @ 12:00 PM

Add topic

Pelini's Monday presser…

Back to the top

And the players…

Back to the top

Pelini on MTSU…

"They spread you out and run the ball extremely effectively. They have a really good running back that we have to find a way to stop. It starts up front. That is a good of an offensive line that we will have faced this year. Certainly after last year’s game, I felt like it was one of the better offensive lines that we faced last year as well. Their quarterback is very efficient with the ball. He throws the ball well, is very accurate, doesn’t make many mistakes and has a lot of experience. I do believe it starts with the running game. When they are running effectively, they will spread you out. If they force you to bring guys down into the box they can throw the ball well enough and throw to hurt you. They are a balanced offense which makes it difficult to defend."
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

we need to bring the noise Saturday. bring it loud.
Posted On: Sep 16th 2013, 12:42 PM #317494

Us students will do our part. We just need some y'all to step up. Not any of you in particular, but your peers.

And sorry for not signing Rick, I'm too lazy to sign on from the library's computers LOL
Back to the top

HootinHollerin said

Us students will do our part. We just need some y'all to step up. Not any of you in particular, but your peers.

And sorry for not signing Rick, I'm too lazy to sign on from the library's computers LOL
Posted On: Sep 16th 2013, 8:03 PM #317525

No apology needed!

Do as you wish!

:cool:
Back to the top

What's Up Owls ?

Hopefully we have a decent showing of fans in Boca. In the past we've had a lot of Florida players, and we still do, but we are heavy on Georgia as of recent. Manny Diaz leaving hurt our recruiting in the Sunshine State.

Maybe we can get him back now :Big-Grin:Our board is at www.BlueRaiderZone.com, or more specifically http://blueraiderzone.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=6 .

I have been to FAU games there 4 times, including the new stadium, but I'm unable to go this season (2 kids 4-and-under will do that to you).

Always had a great time there, and had fun tailgating with FAU fans (esp. at the old setup at Lockhart). We struggled to find a decent place to tailgate in Boca, but I think it was the second game in the new stadium.

Great win over South Florida, no matter how "down" they appear to be. A win is a win. We had a nail-biter against another perceived "down" team. We shall see how both or our opponents fair the rest of the way.

We have struggled on offense this year, and you guys seem to have a very good defense.

I see a tight game ahead– a low scoring affair.

May the best team win, and no injuries.

I am now proud to say that I'm a part-time resident of your state (in the Redneck Riviera). We bought a place on Highway 30-A in between Destin and PC Beach. You guys probably don't consider that part of Florida, however :smile:
Back to the top

kajunraider said

I see a tight game ahead– a low scoring affair.

May the best team win, and no injuries.

Despite our offensive woes, I feel we get a spark for the home opener. I know the Owl's D will be ready! Lets have a good contest saturday.
Back to the top

kajunraider said

I am now proud to say that I'm a part-time resident of your state (in the Redneck Riviera). We bought a place on Highway 30-A in between Destin and PC Beach. You guys probably don't consider that part of Florida, however :smile:
Posted On: Sep 17th 2013, 12:36 AM #317541

I believe that is Southern Alabama   :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

If we can stop your first drive Ill feel like we've made progress. That opening 8 play scripted drive you guys put together last year was an utter back breaker for our defense. I think it was my low point of last season, we were totally helpless
Back to the top

Blue Raiders Two Deep…….

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Control functions: