Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium Facade

Add topic

When FAU does get the funding to provide an official fascade for the stadium (meaning the exterior to cover up the steel infrastructure), what sort of fascade would you like to see?

Concrete?
Brick?
Maybe a decorative steel bracing of some kind?

And if you don't care, that's cool too. Just wondering how you picture the final design in your head.
Back to the top

I kind of like the players up there.

Although I would like to see a "BOWL/Championship Facade" that could be updated when we win a bowl or a confrence championship.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I actually really dig the posters/pictures of players and accomplishments.  I'd rather have that.  We (FAU) needs to do a better job of keeping those up there and current.

Should be a good recruiting point, come to FAU and have a good career...you'll live on the side of the stadium for years to come.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

they're also a fairly cost effective way of creating a facade, I think the money to put a brick exterior would be better spent elsewhere, like a few million into a weight room, which is why Tulsa is out recruiting us right now. We have 1 of 3 important facility upgrades, lets get the other two and then talk about dolling the place up a bit.
Back to the top

teambeer said

they're also a fairly cost effective way of creating a facade, I think the money to put a brick exterior would be better spent elsewhere, like a few million into a weight room, which is why Tulsa is out recruiting us right now. We have 1 of 3 important facility upgrades, lets get the other two and then talk about dolling the place up a bit.
Posted On: Sep 18th 2013, 2:44 PM #317667

Exactly!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

teambeer said

Posted On: Sep 18th 2013, 2:44 PM #317667

How about a few million for a baseball stadium renovation?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Love baseball and what our program has done...that being said, lets get our revenue generating sports on track so building a new baseball stadium is no problem and we can stop playing Alabama on the road.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

It is funny ,that any time money is spoken about, the football team is thought of first. Our baseball team is years ahead of football . They have had years of success. They have one of the best coaches . Kids from around the state hope to play for FAU. Yet we play in one of the worst facilities in not only the Sunbelt but now CUSA. This blog is run by ten or so football happy posters. We have a very nice football team that I enjoy watching, but our Baseball team has and will bring more attention to FAU than football will over the next three years. Take a few minutes to look at the stadiums of other schools and you will see what I mean. We have been laughing about not having toilets for four years. Really? That's laughable. FAU may be getting a bowl game , but that is because of the stadium, not the team. We need to think about footballs forgotten step child.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

It is funny ,that any time money is spoken about, the football team is thought of first. Our baseball team is years ahead of football . They have had years of success. They have one of the best coaches . Kids from around the state hope to play for FAU. Yet we play in one of the worst facilities in not only the Sunbelt but now CUSA. This blog is run by ten or so football happy posters. We have a very nice football team that I enjoy watching, but our Baseball team has and will bring more attention to FAU than football will over the next three years. Take a few minutes to look at the stadiums of other schools and you will see what I mean. We have been laughing about not having toilets for four years. Really? That's laughable. FAU may be getting a bowl game , but that is because of the stadium, not the team. We need to think about footballs forgotten step child.
Posted On: Sep 20th 2013, 6:47 AM #317803

I absolutely agree that Baseball is the most deserving of a new facility, however, when a University struggles to get adequate donations, they have to choose the best investments based on Return on Investment.  Football is that investment.  It may be a sad reality, but it is the reality.  Football can support all other sports.  Baseball cannot.  

Like Pat Chun says:  If you love FAU baseball, or FAU women's soccer, or FAU golf, etc., buy a Football Season ticket.

If we sell out football games, we may get a baseball facility.  If we sell out baseball games, we still don't have enough to get the facility they deserve. I don't think baseball is forgotten.  The numbers just don't always add up.
Back to the top

Illinois, you're in finance, let's put it this way.

Football is your sales force
Basketball is your marketing team
Baseball is your Accounting department

We need to grow the business, increase revenue, not solely thought ticket sales but through other affinity contracts, TV deals, bowl games, ect. A "business" like Alabama has the constant revenue stream bc of their sales force to now focus on the talent in the accounting department, and believe me, with strong people in that area, they'll make even MORE money. But Our revenue stream isn't set or guaranteed, were still trying to grow the business and the rules are, you invest in the areas that will help you immediately. Theres no need for an accounting department if the company is out of business.

So while I agree that our baseball team is the most successful sport this school has, they don't do anything to help with revenue (except for brand help) so we have to invest wisely, facilities like the weight room and academic center (which all sports will benefit from) will aid us in recruiting big time, that's keeping up with the jonses. Had FAU beaten UNC it would've been equivalent to FGCU going sweet 16…now tell me, which one created more media exposure?

The facility isn't what keeps our baseball attendance low, it's the fact that college baseball is an outlier sport that only hardcore alum watch. Go to your office and ask Joe Regular who won the college World Series last year95% of sports fans would scratch their head, but football…no question.

You and I didn't make the call to start a football program, move to D1, build a stadium, etc, but we're pot committed now, so the school has to do what it takes to get us competitive. It can be frustrating but from my POV, it makes business sense.
Back to the top
Control functions: