Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS: 2013 Week Four - FAU vs MTSU

The three contests between the Owls and Blue Raiders in which FAU was the victor has resulted in a +7 margin for the Owls. Ironically, they have fared better on the road (2-3) than they have at home (1-4).

Conversely, the contests won by MTSU have been decided by an average margin of +16.4 points for the Blue Raiders.

Initially, Saturday's tilt appears to resemble the early and mid-series games which are the closest in outcomes. Both offensives have a couple issues, while the defense shows as a strength.

Given the offensive line injuries for MTSU, the passing game will likely see more action in comparison to the first two games for the Blue Raiders. Advantage Florida Atlantic.

And if Johnson shows a slight increase in passing proficiency, thus opening up the run game a bit more, this game could go the home team's way.

But defensive touchdowns will not take place for the Owls as they did last weekend in Tampa, and that leaves the aforementioned heavily relied upon against a solid Middle Tennessee defensive unit.

MTSU 23  FAU 20

What says you??
Back to the top

Home field we play a big role I think we will have a nice crowed 16k or so.
Offense will get a little better.
Our has only given up like 3 TD on long drives( Drives that did not start with turnovers or long kicks returns)
Owls win 17-6
Back to the top

I predict that no matter if we win by 1 or 61....no one will be satisfied!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Owls win 17-6
Posted On: Sep 19th 2013, 8:59 PM #317736

:Scared:

Someone has hijacked 40's account!

:Big-Grin:

Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

I predict that no matter if we win by 1 or 61....no one will be satisfied!
Posted On: Sep 19th 2013, 9:05 PM #317737

We haven't done a post of the day "officially" in quite some time (will be back on track soon), but this get's the nod for honorable mention regardless!

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

28-20..FAU...I think the heat wears down both defenses.. but our D holds strong late...

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

If we win, we held them to under 17 points....

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

28-20..FAU…I think the heat wears down both defenses.. but our D holds strong late…
Posted On: Sep 19th 2013, 11:49 PM #317743

Love the climate comment! Huge believer that heat wins games, but I think you are pushing it with 28 points. Thats like 9+ field goals for Mitch.

I love dropkicks and fat guy touchdowns.

Twitter: @jakobsansom
Back to the top

I think if our offense puts it together like they did the second half of the USF game, and the defense doesn't give up the big play, FAU can come out of Saturday with 17-13 win.

I love dropkicks and fat guy touchdowns.

Twitter: @jakobsansom
Back to the top

I too like a 17-13 (but will go 17-14 for the sake of a tiebreaker) score for the Owls, but were still putting a lot of pressure on the D to pull that off.

Does the win really count if we don't have any 4 star recruits playing?  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top
Control functions: