Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIRE CARL PELINI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last I checked we're actually competitive and at least today with a freshman quarterback. There's no doubt we should have won these last two games but win didn't. Yes, the coaching staff and team need to learn how to win. Things are getting better but we need to give them a chance.
Back to the top

In today's college football its win or GTFO the three year plan thing was the thinking 10 years ago.
Carl has been our coach for 17 games now and we do not have win we can even kinda hang our hat on. If you count beating an 0-4 USF a nice win your standards are low.

Heres to not seeing Carl on the sideline next week.

Back to the top

OC40, I'm pretty sure everyone on the team feels the way you do. Coach P said they've stopped making excuses for this team. **NO MORAL VICTORIES** They have the talent so winning needs to start happening. This is another one we let slip that was (I say again and again) totally winnable!
Back to the top

352Owl said

OC40, I'm pretty sure everyone on the team feels the way you do. Coach P said they've stopped making excuses for this team. **NO MORAL VICTORIES** They have the talent so winning needs to start happening. This is another one we let slip that was (I say again and again) totally winnable!
Posted On: Sep 29th 2013, 1:27 AM #318746
There you said we have the talent yet still no winning no more chance. Our staff is a circus
Back to the top

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”
― Haruki Murakami

Let that quote sink in.  This team doesn't know how to win.  These failures are good, while painful, to being ready.  If you can't see the tide slowly turning for the better here I don't know what to tell you.  I think your focus on hiring coaches that are just not going to come here blinds you from seeing actual progress.

Again, who is going to write the check for CP's buyout IF he was fired?  I certainly know it won't be you.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

In today's college football its win or GTFO
Posted On: Sep 29th 2013, 1:21 AM #318745

In today's college football every mid-major team like us gives coaches their full 4-year contract before they'd axe them so they don't have to pay for the early release PLUS a new HC salary.

Firing Pelini doesn't make sense on any level.

Back to the top

This team was a few plays away from wins against MTSU and Rice. It is not like they are getting blown out.  This team is far more competitive than past years. I still think coach has them moving in the right direction.

However, I agree in part that being competitive is not enough. It should be made clear that next year needs to be a winning season or changes will made.

I am still holding out hope for a 4-5 win season.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

owlcountry40 said

In today's college football its win or GTFO
Posted On: Sep 29th 2013, 1:21 AM #318745
In today's college football every mid-major team like us gives coaches their full 4-year contract before they'd axe them so they don't have to pay for the early release PLUS a new HC salary.

Firing Pelini doesn't make sense on any level.

Posted On: Sep 29th 2013, 12:02 PM #318764
Not true
If I said hey Carl would go 7-17 in his first two years would you have hired him?
I know I wouldn't have.
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

This team was a few plays away from wins against MTSU and Rice. It is not like they are getting blown out.  This team is far more competitive than past years. I still think coach has them moving in the right direction.

However, I agree in part that being competitive is not enough. It should be made clear that next year needs to be a winning season or changes will made.

GO OWLS!!!
Posted On: Sep 29th 2013, 12:42 PM #318766
I have no idea what your idea of the right direction is but 1-4 for with nine turnovers in two games is not the right direction. Not even close.

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!
Posted On: Sep 29th 2013, 12:42 PM #318766
I have no idea what your idea of the right direction is but 1-4 for with nine turnovers in two games is not the right direction. Not even close.

Posted On: Sep 29th 2013, 1:42 PM #318770

The team has been competitive. That is certainly better than the past couple of years. Again, change a few plays and the two most recent losses are wins. This team is literally a couple of plays away from a 3-2 record.

We need to limit turnovers. I completely agree. However, I have yet to see Pelini fumble the ball or toss an INT.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: