Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS: 2013 Week Six - FAU vs UAB

Heading into Saturday's showdown, the Owls are posting 63 yards less offensively than the Blazers, but counter that by allowing 86 yards less defensively. They also have a better penalty assessment showing.

UAB my get star receiver Jamarcus Nelson back, although it is unsure exactly how much he will contribute even if he is on the field.

Intertwine the above with FAU proving that they can turn around the giveaway problem which has plagued them during the last two outings (10) and we should finally be in business for a win.

Like the spread warriors, who moved to 10-0 last weekend in road cover performance for the last 10 contests - despite the disappointing loss to Rice.

However, this one is likely going to be close.

FAU 30  UAB 26

What says you??
Back to the top

I predict that the first play of the game will either be a run or pass...followed by a bunch of runs or passes leading to a final score of  FAU 31 UAB 17
Back to the top

Score: TS Karen 1, FAU 0, UAB -6

The owls arrive in Birmingham just as Tropical Storm Karen enters the area, a day earlier than predicted.  The team bus accidentally drives into a flooded intersection with three possible exits; straight through extremely deep flowing water, a right turn which avoids the water but also does not get the team any closer to the stadium, and a left turn, which would both avoid the water and bring the team to the stadium.  After careful consideration between CP and Coach Wright, the FAU bus tries to go straight through the deep water twice, failing both times, and then tries the route to the right, which gets them no where.  After taking a moment to regroup, the bus backs out of the intersection, returns to the airport, and flies back home.

During this same time the groundskeepers at UAB are trying to finish the field markings and in their rush they only paint half of the field (it is alabama after all).  This mistake results in a special ruling from the  NCAA which earns the Blazers an automatic 6 point deduction from their game score.

Of course if that scenario does not happen, I'll say Owls 21 UAB 13

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

FAU 27

UAB 20

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

We got our first snow of the season overnight in Denver (a mere dusting, though parts of the mountains got a foot or more). This is a good omen. Owls (ever hear of snowy owls?) 27, Blazers 17.
Back to the top

Low scoring game with Quez starting. No rhythm after missing a week.

14-10 Owls
Back to the top

With 10 sec. To go the owls are down 21-20 at the UAB 20. Carl Pelini calls a double reverse flea flicker and it gets picked.
I go crazy tell people carl needs to go.
And the rest of the nest defends him becuase we are "much improved".
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

With 10 sec. To go the owls are down 21-20 at the UAB 20. Carl Pelini calls a double reverse flea flicker and it gets picked.

Posted On: Oct 4th 2013, 3:30 PM #318950

:Laughing:

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

You deserve it after that!

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Luckily for us Wright will be calling the double reverse and we'll still be justified for defending CP.
Back to the top

cbboarder said

owlcountry40 said

Luckily for us Wright will be calling the double reverse and we'll still be justified for defending CP.
Posted On: Oct 4th 2013, 6:01 PM #318955
See in the year 2013 there are these things called headsets Carl hears every call and can over ride calls.
Back to the top
Control functions: