Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS: 2013 Week Seven - FAU vs Marshall

The Owls will need to win four games to become Bowl eligible. This one will be a serious challenge though, as the Thundering Herd is posting a +16.4 ppg average better than FAU on offense, while giving up -8.9 ppg less on defense. Where the numbers come in most relevant is in the amount of yards Marshall is allowing on the ground: 99.8 ypg.

This could present a major issue for Florida Atlantic given the reliance in that category, but then again Johnson is not your everyday running QB at 6-1, 225 lbs. Where the difference will likely be made is on the line, and the resulting "run" of the mill yardage the Owls have gotten as of late therein.

Special teams play has to be stellar in this one to negate the obvious advantages FAU is giving up defensively. Not to mention limiting turnovers to one at most.

Would expect a spirited fight from the Owls, with the game close at times. However, also expect some big plays defensively from The Herd that cause separation - enough to allow them to garner a win in the first meeting between the two squads.

Minus a few turnovers themselves, Marshall could be a 5-0 ball club right now.

Marshall 35  FAU 22

What says you??

Back to the top

Marshall 31

FAU 24

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

FAU needs to win this it's about time we get a good win. I'm sorry winning out last 4 down the stretch over teams like Southern Miss and FIU is not inpressive. We need a win we can hang our hat on.
Loesing this week is 100 percent not acceptable if we really are showing "much Improvment"
Back to the top

I say we trail by a touchdown the entire game and special teams costs us a win late in the 4th.

21-24 Marshall.
Back to the top

Without having been able to actually "watch" a game, I don't know what our "improvement" looks like on the field.  I'll say we put up a good fight, but Marshall is in control this week.

Herd 35
FAU 17

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Everyone is being realistic and picking "We are Marshall," but I had some kool-aid this morning of the grape variety! Owls trail the entire game but some magic happens late and they make a big play to win it. Students storm the breeze-way (keep your pants on), Owls Win it 36-31!!!!
Back to the top

NCowl said

Everyone is being realistic and picking "We are Marshall," but I had some kool-aid this morning…
Posted On: Oct 11th 2013, 9:10 AM #319410

Back to the top

Once again….I predict a succession of running plays and passing play.  Probably being called in some random order to try to confuse Marshall.  For example…Marshall might be expecting a run play on a particular play and we are going to call a pass!!  And then on a passing down, Marshall will look to defend the pass and then WHAM!!!  We are going to run it up their gut!!  

Prediction FAU 31 Marshall 28

Getting better every week!!
Back to the top

FAU 37
Marshall 31
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

FAU needs to win this it's about time we get a good win. I'm sorry winning out last 4 down the stretch over teams like Southern Miss and FIU is not inpressive. We need a win we can hang our hat on.
Loesing this week is 100 percent not acceptable if we really are showing "much Improvment"
Posted On: Oct 10th 2013, 9:45 PM #319403

I don't record wins before we play the game....also, when we were 1-11 I don't think anyone we played felt bad that they won a game against a poor team.  If we play well and we beat those teams I will be just as happy as if we beat Auburn.
Back to the top
Control functions: