Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The Good News...

Amidst all of the negative sentiment from the game...there is one thing that has to make us fans excited:

We have a beast of a QB that is getting better and better each game as a Sophomore.  I'm pretty excited to see how high this kids ceiling is.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

+1
Back to the top

I remember listening  to the UM game and the announcers laughing at us rotating all of our QBs and the really cracked up when we lined MGIII as a receiver.

Glad Quez has emerged as a rock on offense.
Back to the top

I STILL wanna see all four qb's on the O at the same time and throw some "multiple looks" into the O to shake the opposing D up. Something like 3 "halfback" option passes in a row followed by three WR end arounds with the option to throw in a row. Just get crazy, let the guys have fun and just maybe SHOCK AUBURN!
Back to the top

walty12 said

Amidst all of the negative sentiment from the game...there is one thing that has to make us fans excited:

We have a beast of a QB that is getting better and better each game as a Sophomore.  I'm pretty excited to see how high this kids ceiling is.
Posted On: Oct 14th 2013, 3:36 PM #319760

owl2Doc said

+1
Posted On: Oct 14th 2013, 3:46 PM #319762

+2

No uncertainty now is there?

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

I hate playing "wait till next year," seems all we have been saying the last few years... but I am glad how he is improving every game. It is also nice he is young and can grow with the team for 2 more season. If the team as a whole continues to grow we could have a beast of a team next year, and more so the year after that.
Back to the top

NCowl said

I hate playing "wait till next year," seems all we have been saying the last few years… but I am glad how he is improving every game. It is also nice he is young and can grow with the team for 2 more season. If the team as a whole continues to grow we could have a beast of a team next year, and more so the year after that.
Posted On: Oct 16th 2013, 9:38 AM #319828

+1   I am looking at where we were and where we are now and I agree with you, their are a couple of teams that are completely relieved that they got away with a victory from us (Rice and Marshall).  MTS I look at differently, that was just an evenly battled game that they just ended up winning.  The other two we controlled those games.

I haven't given up on the season, my prediction was 4 to 6 (and I don't care where the 4 to 6 come from), some people think we should be apologetic that we finish up against some weak teams, but the schedule was made years ago so it just so happen that we get them while they are down.  ULM in the past has been horrible and then we started our decline and they started peaking, bad luck for us.  Now hopefully it is bad luck for remaining opponents that are struggling

Having said all this, from where I thought we would be and where we will end up record wise we are where I was expecting us to be.  It is a shame with sports that it has become this is a must win or we will win this game this game and that game…why even play, just play Madden if you want an experience that won't surprise you with the results (you can turn off the game if you get frustrated and start over!)…there is a reason why we play the games, upsets and mistakes can happen.  It makes sports compelling.  Can you watch a suspense movie or read a mystery novel more than once?  
Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

NCowl said

I hate playing "wait till next year," seems all we have been saying the last few years… but I am glad how he is improving every game. It is also nice he is young and can grow with the team for 2 more season. If the team as a whole continues to grow we could have a beast of a team next year, and more so the year after that.

+1   I am looking at where we were and where we are now and I agree with you, their are a couple of teams that are completely relieved that they got away with a victory from us (Rice and Marshall).  MTS I look at differently, that was just an evenly battled game that they just ended up winning.  The other two we controlled those games.

I haven't given up on the season, my prediction was 4 to 6 (and I don't care where the 4 to 6 come from), some people think we should be apologetic that we finish up against some weak teams, but the schedule was made years ago so it just so happen that we get them while they are down.  ULM in the past has been horrible and then we started our decline and they started peaking, bad luck for us.  Now hopefully it is bad luck for remaining opponents that are struggling

Having said all this, from where I thought we would be and where we will end up record wise we are where I was expecting us to be.  It is a shame with sports that it has become this is a must win or we will win this game this game and that game…why even play, just play Madden if you want an experience that won't surprise you with the results (you can turn off the game if you get frustrated and start over!)…there is a reason why we play the games, upsets and mistakes can happen.  It makes sports compelling.  Can you watch a suspense movie or read a mystery novel more than once?  
Posted On: Oct 16th 2013, 10:29 AM #319829
Well you say you look at where we have come from.
We were 2-5 on this date a year ago too.
With a couple close loses at this point too.
All I see I different year same ole s***.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Tim FAU98 said

NCowl said

Posted On: Oct 16th 2013, 11:22 AM #319831

all I see is someone who can't make a point without a curse word or belittling a contra point…listen I see what you see…you see the polar opposite, record wise you are correct, but if you don't think this is an improved team from last year you just don't want to acknowledge it.  You may be right that we are not on the right path, but I also may be right and team statistics compared to last year we are better and improving, more offensive yardage, less penalties etc…and this team isn't even comparable to the 2011 team.  It's not happen fast (does anything happen fast enough in sports?), but its happening.  If we end up where you say we are going…I will acknowledge you were right, but if we end up where I say we are going I hope you will do the same.
Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

owlcountry40 said

Tim FAU98 said

NCowl said

Posted On: Oct 16th 2013, 11:22 AM #319831

all I see is someone who can't make a point without a curse word or belittling a contra point…listen I see what you see…you see the polar opposite, record wise you are correct, but if you don't think this is an improved team from last year you just don't want to acknowledge it.  You may be right that we are not on the right path, but I also may be right and team statistics compared to last year we are better and improving, more offensive yardage, less penalties etc…and this team isn't even comparable to the 2011 team.  It's not happen fast (does anything happen fast enough in sports?), but its happening.  If we end up where you say we are going…I will acknowledge you were right, but if we end up where I say we are going I hope you will do the same.
Posted On: Oct 16th 2013, 11:41 AM #319833
I hope I'm wrong!!!!!!!

Back to the top
Control functions: