Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SF Traevis Graham Commits to FAU Basketball

Add topic

Martin County (Stuart, Fla.) SF Traevis Graham announced over the weekend that he has committed to Mike Jarvis and the FAU basketball program. The 6-foot-5 forward chose the Owls over offers from UT-Chatanooga, Campbell, UMass, Jacksonville, App State, Presbyterian, and Furman

Graham was recognized as the 35th best player in the state according to Florida Hoops

Back to the top

It's going to be an exciting year with him.
Back to the top

No relation to Paul Graham right? 
Back to the top

Unfortunately Jarvis can't coach big men to save his life. This guy's talent will be completely neutered here.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Unfortunately Jarvis can't coach big men to save his life. This guy's talent will be completely neutered here.
Posted On: Oct 21st 2013, 12:33 PM #319948

Ever heard of Patrick Ewing? How about Ron Artest?

:cool:
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Unfortunately Jarvis can't coach big men to save his life.
Posted On: Oct 21st 2013, 12:33 PM #319948

Kind of like that Schnellenberger guy couldn't coach QBs.  

C'mon Man!!!
Back to the top

To clarify, I meant since he's been here at FAU. It's not a disrespectful, short-term memory thing - it's a "winning with the players you've got, not the player you've had" thing. Every year is a new team.

Serous question: other than Brett Royster, who was an already-talented holdover from the previous regime, who of Jarvis' big men do you think really pulled their weight on the court here and gave us consistent results?

I'm willing to change my mind on this but show me the evidence. I know Jarvis is great with guards. Would you say any of our centers or forwards are (or have been) among, say, the top five in the conference?

Because it seems like every year there's some new impressive guy coming in here, they'll have one or two good games and we'll say, "man, I really wish he'd live up to his potential and dominate" and Jarvis will sit in interview after interview saying, "when he wants to live up to his potential, he'll be a good player for us." I feel like I'm hearing that all the time.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

To clarify, I meant since he's been here at FAU.

Serous question: other than Brett Royster, who was an already-talented holdover…
Posted On: Oct 21st 2013, 2:27 PM #319957

Royster's best year was under Jarvis…are you referring to recruiting, or coaching?

Also, just to level set here, Graham is a SF. He's not a big man…
Back to the top

Rick said

Royster's best year was under Jarvis…are you referring to recruiting, or coaching?

More coaching. Production.

Rick said

Also, just to level set here, Graham is a SF. He's not a big man…

You're right. My mistake. Wrong assumption. I'm doing this on breaks between studying. Should have paid more attention.

Back to the top

Oh, quit!

It's nice to have some Hoops chatter!

:Big-Grin:

Back to the top
Control functions: